Robot World Continued

Ability to customize the performance of your robots, such as speed, range, battery size, and more. Setting to use robots early. Setting to enable quick start mode. New robotics technologies. And more!

a month ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics Logistic network

i wishlist: add "set roboport construction/logistic range to N", vanilla roboports only

3 years ago

G'day. First, thanks for the mod. I appreciate it! There are a couple things that mean I can't ditch "configurable roboport range" at the moment, and which seem in the spirit of this mod, so wishlisting:

I'd like to (easily) set the logistic and construction range for roboports to an exact number. I can absolutely figure out exactly what multiplier that needs to be to get a logistic radius of 52 tiles based on the standard radius, but it'd be nice to be able to just write "52" (or "104", the width, not radius) directly.

I'd also like to be able to apply those range updates only for vanilla roboports. The "robocharger" mod, and a bunch of others, add custom roboports with approximately zero logistic/construction range, no robot slots, but a bunch of charge pads.

Right now if I set a multiplier it'd apply to their logistic and construction ranges too, which isn't quite what I want.

(Of course, some mods also have additional construction or logistic custom roboports, but "only things that are not supposed to have those" is impossible to answer in the general case.)

Anyway, even if you don't add that support, love the mod, and thanks for making it!

3 years ago

I'll take a look at wish #1 soon.. As for wish #2.. Dunno which cases would be right..
Thanks for enjoying this mod!

3 years ago

From my perspective, for #2? An option to set them explicitly, and only, on the base vanilla entities. "Don't change modded roboports" or something. and only the roboports, happy to see the stuff applied to mod robots. :)

Anyway, thank you so much!

3 years ago

Your wish #1 is up...
wish #2 is still work in progress..
But while I was working on it.. I was wondering if you wanted to ignore the power usage changes and all to modded roboports?

3 years ago

Ah, heh. I don't know. The main use I have for modded roboports is solving the same basic problem: they provide charge slots, but not logistic or construction radius, so... personally? I'd be fine applying the power changes to them too, to be consistent.

TYVM.

3 years ago

Your wish(es) have been implemented.
Just note that if you enable the option it should do nothing to modded roboports (unless the modded roboport is named roboport)

3 years ago

TYVM! appreciate!

New response