Robot World Continued

Ability to customize the performance of your robots, such as speed, range, battery size, and more. Setting to use robots early. Setting to enable quick start mode. New robotics technologies. And more!

2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics Logistic network

g robot speed and carry size?

3 years ago

so, i've noticed that setting the startup options for carry size and speed to 8, will allow both logistic and construction bots to move at that speed. however, it seems only the logistic bots take advantage of the carry size options; construction bots still only carry one item per robot. is that the intended way for things to work? Thanks.

3 years ago

I am guessing that construction bot carry size was added without me noticing? Ill take a look when i am fully awake. :)

3 years ago

ok. thanks very much. i forgot that you weren't the original author. thanks for keeping this updated. :)

3 years ago

I looked through the code and it seems like the code is there. (max_payload_size) is set to the appropriate settings.
I have no idea how this may be fixed.

3 years ago

ok. well thanks for looking at it. i can't believe no one has used the carry size multiplier before and noticed this. guess i'm the first one.

3 years ago

after some testing, i think this might be a problem with factorio itself. the cargo capacity shows up just fine on the tooltip, yet when construction robots are deployed, they are used as if they only have a cargo capacity of 1.

an example: my personal roboport is turned off. i have 50 construction bots in a roboport. looking at the tooltip, it says the cargo capacity is 4. i place a blueprint containing 20 transport belts. hovering over the roboport, it shows 30/50 are available, so that means 20 robots are placing 20 belts. so something in the game is ignoring the cargo capacity, and i don't think it's this mod.

as i said in previous post, the logistic bots work fine with both speed and cargo capacity. and construction bots work fine with speed, they just seem to ignore the cargo capacity.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

i've posted a bug report on factorio forums: https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=84594

and .... got an answer already: not a bug; it's intended that construction bots only place 1 item at a time. well, i'm glad i spent 1/2 my day trying to figure that one out. :P

3 years ago

I thought batch building was supported for tiles.. I guess they removed it? or You never tested with tiles.. :) Anyway have fun

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

yes, the construction bots will take up to 4 tiles at a time, but when building regular entities, they only take 1 at a time. kind of a bummer, but that's they way they coded it. :(

New response