Artisanal Reskins: Bob's Mods

by Kirazy

Reskins items, entities, and technologies within Bob's mods to add tier colors and icon labeling. Features high-res icons and updated sprites to align with vanilla Factorio, and supports player-customizable tier labels, colors and mapping. Part of the Artisanal Reskins series.

Tweaks
11 hours ago
1.0 - 1.1

g [Won't implement] The first level is white

3 years ago

Hello.
Problem when installing one of Bob's mods.
This mod: Bob's Vehicle Equipment
The problem is that, for example: the transport reactor, solar panels, batteries, fuel cells and energy shields are painted white.
Here's a link to the picture: It starts with white
There's nothing like it anywhere else. For example, repair kits. https://i.imgur.com/ahJEWDC.png

How to make that the equipment on the transport began with the color yellow?
Please help.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This is intended behavior, as there are six tiers of equipment in many cases and Tier 0 (a basic tier, see assemblers) through Tier 5 was the nominal tier arrangement.

The mod does technically support a Tier 6, so I'm open to adding a default-off option to resort certain sets of items into tier 1-6 instead of 0-5. No guarantees, I'll have to think about it.

3 years ago

This is intended behavior, as there are six tiers of equipment in many cases and Tier 0 (a basic tier, see assemblers) through Tier 5 was the nominal tier arrangement.

The mod does technically support a Tier 6, so I'm open to adding a default-off option to resort certain sets of items into tier 1-6 instead of 0-5. No guarantees, I'll have to think about it.

It would be very good if there were levels 1-6.
It's just that level 0 really affects the perception...
Level 0 does not fit into the colors... from 1 yellow...
Take drills or conveyors for example, their colors always start with yellow...
Hopefully there will be a setting that will remove the 0 level.

And, pardon my English...
I'm writing through a translator.

3 years ago

I think you got it backwards.
Items / buildings always finish with green. So depending on the number of tiers, the first tier of a building is white if there are 6 tiers, yellow if there are 5 tiers, red if there are 4 tiers...

I had trouble with that until I understood the logic: you know you've got the ultimate version when it's green.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

There's two sets of logic, subject to the following over-arching constraint: There are 5 main tiers, and a 0th tier for certain classes of items/entities that have 6 entries.

The sets of logic are:

Traditional:
For most things, tiers will start with tier 1 and count up. For the entries with 6, they start at 0 and count up. Everything ends at most at tier 5.

Progression:
Tiers for structures/items (not equipment so much) in general correspond to a loose grouping of materials that represent increasing level of difficulty/complexity/game progression.

The reason Tier 6 (orange by default) exists is to handle 3-4 edge cases in Angel's mods when used with Extended Angels and progression. In a standard Bobs / Angels / Bobs+Angels, Tier 6 does not appear.

I don't think I am going to change how this works, Dark Angel. The gray/white/0th tier is a Bob-native construct and for equipment, which consistently has 6 entries and doesn't really correspond to a material-tier, having the final tier be green for consistency is important.

Drills may start with yellow, but you're forgetting there's a Burner mining drill. 0th tier is pseudo-burner tier/phase. There are 6 assembling machines, and the first is 0th tier. The basic belt is 0th tier. Burner/steam inserter are 0th tier. There's a number of other examples outside of equipment.

2 years ago

There's two sets of logic, subject to the following over-arching constraint: There are 5 main tiers, and a 0th tier for certain classes of items/entities that have 6 entries.

The sets of logic are:

Traditional:
For most things, tiers will start with tier 1 and count up. For the entries with 6, they start at 0 and count up. Everything ends at most at tier 5.

Progression:
Tiers for structures/items (not equipment so much) in general correspond to a loose grouping of materials that represent increasing level of difficulty/complexity/game progression.

The reason Tier 6 (orange by default) exists is to handle 3-4 edge cases in Angel's mods when used with Extended Angels and progression. In a standard Bobs / Angels / Bobs+Angels, Tier 6 does not appear.

I don't think I am going to change how this works, Dark Angel. The gray/white/0th tier is a Bob-native construct and for equipment, which consistently has 6 entries and doesn't really correspond to a material-tier, having the final tier be green for consistency is important.

Drills may start with yellow, but you're forgetting there's a Burner mining drill. 0th tier is pseudo-burner tier/phase. There are 6 assembling machines, and the first is 0th tier. The basic belt is 0th tier. Burner/steam inserter are 0th tier. There's a number of other examples outside of equipment.

I understand...
It's just hard for me to understand.
I'm used to seeing that everything that has levels starts with yellow. For me the 0 level with his white color to see is not very logical, yes I understand that this is in the very fashion made so that would be 0 level ...
But still would like to have a single color palette for everything.
Drills, assembly machines, oil rigs, tanks, and so on... everything starts with yellow...
That's in the traditional way.
I tried playing with the progressive... it didn't work for me.
I needed a division specifically by level of promotion, such as from 1-6 and the like, no 0 level.
I put a lot of similar mods, but it was your mod that did with the levels of buildings and some items - such as repair packs, exactly what I expected from them. A clear division in increasing levels.

And as you wrote... it would be better to do 1-6 with the last orange color. And another problem is that level 0 does not draw any circles or any other definitions, purely icons, while yellow - red, etc draw additional icons on top - for the first level - 1 yellow circle or triangle, for the second level - 2 red circles or triangles, etc...
I still hope you add a feature to remove the 0 level.
It would look much better.
This is my personal opinion.

New response