Research Causes Evolution

by H8UL

Replaces the vanilla enemy evolution mechanic: unlocking technologies now increases biter evolution!

Content
5 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Enemies

g science cost tweaker compatiblility [solved]

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I am currently playing with a large angel/bob/aai modpack including science cost tweaker and rampant. Does the mod work with these mods?

5 years ago

I have been testing and even with all red research finished both the /evolution command and the nests show that evolution is still at 0.00

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Some further testing confirmed the problem, Rampant is incompatible with Research Causes Evolution. New research does not add to evolution, also the current evolution factor gained from completed research is not adjusted after adding mods with research if Rampant is installed.
Tested with just Rampant and Research Causes Evolution, and with with / without either and an extensive AngelBobs modpack.

5 years ago

Hi, thanks for the isolating the problem mod combination! That's really helpful. I'll update in the bug issue you raised today when I've done some debugging so it's contained in one topic.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

hi nedreow, this is now fixed in 0.17.2.

The problem was that Research Causes Evolution changes the evolution factor for forces which are AI controlled, but Rampant disables AI control. To fix this, the "enemy" force now always has its evolution factor set, regardless of the ai_controlled value for the force.

Any discussion should continue in: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/research_causes_evolution/discussion/5c96296d43820f000b8a378d

This thread has been locked.