Research Causes Evolution

by H8UL

Replaces the vanilla enemy evolution mechanic: unlocking technologies now increases biter evolution!

Content
5 years ago
0.15 - 0.17
Enemies

g Problem with mods overwriting other techs [solved]

6 years ago

Since your mod calculates all research. it's impossible to actually get to 100% evolution when other mods override technologies and renders them hidden and unable to be researched.

admo β˜†
6 years ago

Hello, email is the best contact for me as I get no notifications that someone has posted here.

It depends on how the technology was removed I suppose, if the other mod does a table.remove to the data.raw["technology"] dictionary it will no longer exist for the game and not be found by this mod. Best to do that in data-updates-final.lua so that other mods could edit the tech and then in the final pass it gets deleted.

I would not suggest leaving the technology in and making it some kind of orphan in the tech tree. Alternatively perhaps there is some kind of flag for techs to disable them that I don't know about?

contact me at adam@leibel.net

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Aubog007 -- if you're still around, what mods caused the issues? I will try to find a solution.

Edit: should be fixed from 0.16.4 but would be good to test with the mods you were using.

New response