Research queue

Allows players to queue research, view research by required science packs, and automatically queue prerequisites for desired tech. Special thanks to Chrisgbk for 0.16 update.

Utilities
5 years ago
0.13 - 0.16

b "Failed to load tech..." in factorio 0.16.28

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

new bug appearing in latest factorio beta: 16.28
Console outputs "failed to load tech" when scrolling in research queue, unsure of what mod is causing it, as output doesn't name specific mod or research it is unable to load. suggestion on how to isolate issue?? never seen this before

Edit: reverted to 16.27 doesn't resolve. so it's not a issue with the base game, but a mod i must have added. i'll see what i can find

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

process of elimination to the rescue!: Deadlocks' Compact Loaders mod version 1.2.7, and Deadlock's crating machine mod v 1.1.3 are what was causing this unusual behavior for me out of the 100 mods i tested. his stacking beltboxes mod doesn't cause the issue.

6 years ago

Bob's mods and Angel's mods give the same thing. Could you make research queue compatible with them, please?

6 years ago

NPbees also seems to cause odd behaviours...looked into that a bit and it seems the way NPBees creates the technology gfx is layered sprites, which i assume factorio's api can handle fine, but the research queue mod expects a simple/single graphic for the research icon.

6 years ago

or could you change the error to also give more information, like the internal name or locale name of technology that it (i'm assuming) can't load due to a gfx issue? that could help direct me to where to look and help other mod authors to support your mod within theirs.

6 years ago

also, i'm finding if i remove most mods from the game and test with just a single mod that (previously) would not print correctly, in some cases there is no longer an error printing to the screen. but if i re-add the normal set up of mods and use creative mode to skip most technology to get to the point where it starts printing these errors: that tech no longer prints its icon. With the generic error, i'm still sorta lost trying to figure out under what specific conditions RQ is either unable to load tech, or why.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Coming from this post about the issue, it seems that Research Queue has issues with other mods that add technologies during data-final-fixes. This probably won't solve all the other problems in this thread, but adding dependencies to other mods should at least some of the issues.

Mainly, my issue with Mini Machines and More Inserters icons not loading properly in some cases. I've tested that adding an optional dependency to these from within this mod fixes the issues.

(Use "? mini-machines", "? kry-inserters"

New response