Railway Motor Car

by S3bulon

Adds a railway motor car as an equipment to ride the railway without placing a locomotive manually.

Content
7 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Trains

b Crashes against wall gate

1 year, 11 months ago

If I use the railway motor car, I always crash against the wall gates because they open way too late. The wall gate gets damaged then and the railway motor car is slowed down. I have to drive very slowly to not crash against the wall gates. I think the bug here is that, when using the railway motor car, the wall gates react like I would be on foot. But the correct behavior would be that they react like I would use the train.

Would be great if this could be fixed!

Thank you for this great mod,
Eff0ktiv

1 year, 11 months ago

I also observed that already.
The acceleration is too high for the gates to notice the train approaching, and thus they open too late.

It also happens with other train-mods, so I suspect that there is nothing I can do.
But if you use the scheduling / automatic mode it should work.

1 year, 11 months ago

I don't think it's an issue of the acceleration because it happens as well when I'm driving already on max. speed (which means acceleration is 0 at this point). So the cause has to be another one...

1 year, 11 months ago

It is really strange.
If none or low levels of "braking force" are researched, the gates open at the right time. At higher levels they open too late.

I look into it (e.g. decreasing braking force to increase the distance for the gate).

1 year, 11 months ago

Decreasing the braking force really worked - deployed with 0.3.3.

Can you try it out?

1 year, 9 months ago

Hi,

I'm very sorry for the late response. I've installed 0.3.7 now and still do have the same problem as before.

1 year, 8 months ago

Can you post a savegame, or your complete mod list?

The only way I could reproduce this issue before was caused by "braking force", and since it is no infinite research, it should not cause problems anymore.

New response