Railway Motor Car

by S3bulon

Adds a railway motor car as an equipment to ride the railway without placing a locomotive manually.

Content
7 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Trains

b krastorio2 animation conflict

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

currently i have Krastorio 2 installed and when i install your mod i get this error, i suppose you altered something on the animations that affect it

https://imgur.com/a/0anTxDR

3 years ago

I was considering using this and Krastorio 2, as well. I hope it's something that can be fixed, as having a railway vehicle is really neat!

3 years ago

Thanks for the feedback. I modified only my own variant of the locomotive, so it should not affect anything else.

I cannot reenact the error-message with only Krastorio 2 (1.0.5) and my mod enabled. Do you have any other mods active?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

i do but none that affects trains, only QoL mods so that's strange that you don't get it

EDIT:"i don't get the error any more after deleting and reinstalling your mod, now that's weird that that error appeared"

3 years ago

I finally got around to modding the game, and I'm actually getting the exact same error that xXxNeeD4BlooDxXx was.

3 years ago

I could reproduce the issue and I have no idea why it happened. Maybe something the Factorio Staff could look into (tested with my mod ver. 0.1.1. and Krastorio 2 ver. 1.0.7). Mods should not cause issues with unrelated mods.

I added an optional dependency to Krastorio 2 and the issue disappeared (nothing else was modified).
Could both of you test it, please?

3 years ago

Question: do you have the https://mods.factorio.com/mod/aai-industry enabled? I could reproduce the issue only with this and Krastorio 2 enabled.

3 years ago

Log for the issue:

0.478 Loading mod settings aai-industry 0.4.23 (settings.lua)
0.478 Loading mod settings Krastorio2 1.0.7 (settings.lua)
0.479 Loading mod settings Krastorio2 1.0.7 (settings-updates.lua)
0.482 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
0.567 Loading mod base 1.0.0 (data.lua)
0.833 Loading mod aai-industry 0.4.23 (data.lua)
0.834 Script @aai-industry/data.lua:2: Log mods once: {
Krastorio2 = "1.0.7",
["aai-industry"] = "0.4.23",
base = "1.0.0",
["railway-motor-car"] = "0.1.1"
}
0.962 Loading mod railway-motor-car 0.1.1 (data.lua)
1.088 Loading mod Krastorio2 1.0.7 (data.lua)
1.216 Error ModManager.cpp:1514: Fehler beim Laden der Mod „Krastorio2“: Value (function) can't be saved in property tree at ROOT.furnace.kr-air-purifier.animation.layers[0].scale
stack traceback:
stack traceback:
[C]: in ?
1.217 Loading mod core 0.0.0 (data.lua)
1.299 Checksum for core: 3692526182
1.349 Error ModManager.cpp:1514: Error in assignID: recipe-category with name 'crafting' does not exist.

Source: default (utility-sprites).
1.413 Initial atlas bitmap size is 16384

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I have AAI Industry enabled, so that could be it. I'm a little busy at the moment, but I'll try to test it later tonight or before the weekend is over.

Edit: Ran the new version of the mod, and I didn't get any errors this time! I haven't actually built and placed the Motor Car yet, but generally speaking, I've never had problems with mods once they were accepted by the system, so everything probably works just fine now. It is locked behind blue science though (with Krastoria 2 and AAI Industry installed), which is weird, because I'm fairly certain the train gets unlocked way before that. Doesn't look like AAI Industry was the problem after all, unless you added something for that too.

3 years ago

Thanks for testing. I added a dependency, which changed the loading order and seemingly fixed the problem.

And the equipment requires an electric engine (because it is powered by the suit), which is locked behind blue science.

New response