Quality of Life research

Adds bonuses and optionally research for bigger bags (more inventory space), movement/walking/running speed, character hand crafting speed, long reach (optional far resource reach), and player mining speed. Use settings to choose which ones you want, either through research or by just choosing a value yourself.

Utilities
1 year, 2 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

g SE config?

4 months ago

Hello, just wondering why config for SE is so nerfed?
Is it because SE has some kind of it's own research later doing the same things? I just started playing SE for first time so I don't know much about it's techs but seeing +2% movement speed makes me sad. I know I can just add multiplier in settings but was wondering why it was made this way

4 months ago

Hey, the SE configuration itself was supplied by community members, as I don't have experience with the modpack.
It might indeed be the case of there are either a lot more tiers, or it stacking with strong buffs from the modpack itself, and so the numbers are set to be sort of similar to what you'd end up with in vanilla.

But buffing it a bit yourself shouldn't make you sad, that's why the settings are there, everyone has different preferences, some really want more grind, and a feeling of strong progressions, others want a more pleasant experience out of the box. I personally don't really use movement speed from this mod anymore, and instead use another mod which I made on request of someone here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/adaptive_movement_speed

4 months ago

Yeh, for now I just added x5 multiplier to bring values back to standard, thankfully it's per game setting so it's only applied to my SE save.
Also nice that the mod modifies values on the fly after changing the multipliers, I've seen mods where the bonuses are static and we have to make some manual changes to revert/update the values

New response