Quality of Life research

Adds bonuses and optionally research for bigger bags (more inventory space), movement/walking/running speed, character hand crafting speed, long reach (optional far resource reach), and player mining speed. Use settings to choose which ones you want, either through research or by just choosing a value yourself.

Utilities
1 year, 2 months ago
0.15 - 1.1

i [Resolved] toggles????

2 years ago

Suggestion!

Hello i was wandering if you may have a way that we can toggle the speeds of stuff like the "mining speed".

I was thinking you could make a new toggle button in bar next to the hot bar, that could make it where when ON the speed was what ever the multiplier that you researched. But when off its the normal one.

so ya thank you for reading this and i hope you can add this!!

2 years ago

Hey!
Due to the way this mod works (where it's actually being unlocked by researches for the "force", as opposed to scripts setting the value per-player), it cannot be toggled individually. It's done this way to greatly improve compatibility between mods, because otherwise you regularly had other mods applying a temporary (de)buff, which would override, and reset any buffs from this mod.

In theory, it'd be possible to have these toggles exist, but be global for all players, however, the multiplayer experience with that would be pretty terrible, so I don't think that's something I'd like to add.

Can I ask what your use case is for this? Perhaps there are alternatives solutions, or alternative mods that solve it?

2 years ago

basicly all im whanting to be able to toggle is the incresed mining speed, and/or the movement speed. cuzz of ho high i have the mining speed set it makes it hard to work with rails.

2 years ago

Understandable. For the mining speed, I'm not aware of any mod that does this out-of-the-box. As I stated before, in this particular mod, it's going to be tricky due to the "force/team" nature, as opposed to per-player.

However, what it sounds like to me is that you want most things to be very quick to mine, except rails. If I made a mod that allows you to overwrite the mining time for all entities, and allows you to set special cases (such as slower mining time for rails/signals), would that be what you want?

For the movement speed, you can basically do just that with my other mod Adaptive Movement Speed. By default, it'll increase movement speed "on a ramp", where it starts out normally, and speeds up as you're walking for a longer time.
However, if you set base, and maximum speed to 500% (or whatever else you prefer), you'll run really quick, and it comes with a toggle button and keyboard shortcut.

2 years ago

yes that is basically what I was asking for but also I was meaning one a per player basis also. and also thank your help!

New response