Quality of Life research

Adds bonuses and optionally research for bigger bags (more inventory space), movement/walking/running speed, character hand crafting speed, long reach (optional far resource reach), and player mining speed. Use settings to choose which ones you want, either through research or by just choosing a value yourself.

Utilities
1 year, 1 month ago
0.15 - 1.1

b [External + Resolved] Industrial Revolution

4 years ago

there is a confliction with Industrial Revolution after his 0.99.4 update.

see:
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?f=190&t=69187&start=520#p457978

Hope it gets sorted out eventually.

Thanks.

4 years ago

Deadlock fixed the issue an hour before you posted this in 0.99.6 :). You might want to check that you're actually on the latest version. The only versions affected should be 0.99.4 and 0.99.5.

Thanks for the report though, compatibility with IR is important to me, when it was featured in the FFF, I made sure that this mod is compatible!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

My post below somehow edited this one :\ I have no idea how to get this post back lol

4 years ago

He says if it isn't fixed, but it actually is. I tested it on my IR savefile with 0.99.6 and it loads fine and adds the bonuses.

Those are the only two mods I have on that client, so if after redownloading the mod, the issue still persists, it has to be because of a third mod doing something weird.

If you're 100% sure that the error is still there, even after reinstalling the mods, then I'll need the list of mods, and your mod settings, so I can reproduce it.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Ok you are right, it is a combination of QoL , IR and some other random mods.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/IndustrialRevolution/discussion/5d86b506f92a95000d5e4c4a

"QOL is putting the same prerequisite twice into the same technologies but only under specific loading order conditions"

Even just enabling Deadlock's LargerLamp will cause the error.

4 years ago

I've responded to that thread, and I'll look into it more later. So QoL Research, IR, + LargerLamp should be enough to repro. That's a good starting point.

4 years ago

Fixed in IR version 0.99.7 :)

4 years ago

Thank you for looking into it and working with Deadlock on the issue.

Great mod btw :)

New response