Pyanodons Petroleum Handling

Adds realistic petrochemical processing into Factorio. Process bitumen hydrocarbons into hundreds of products and drill deep for underground oil deposits.

Overhaul
a month ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g Drilling Progress

3 years ago

Is there a way to see the progress an oil derrick has made with the drilling procedure? I've had one running rather steadily for a long time now and it has yet to start outputting oil. I'm using a mod that makes all resource patches infinite (for convenience) and I'm concerned that it is causing the 'dirt' on the Bitumen Seeps to be infinite, causing it to never stop drilling, but I cannot tell if that's what's happening due to no progress indication.

3 years ago

well it should show the remaining amount of waste in the patch. when that reaches zero it will switch. theres a very good chance that if the mod your using just makes every resource infinite then it is going to cause issues with that system. what mod is it?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Using Infinite Resources by sonaxaton, when I hover over it on the map it says Unknown key: "fluid-name.drilling-waste" combined yield 0%

And hovering over a singular patch it's sitting at 100% yield. I'm assuming that my guess is correct and it's making the drilling waste infinite so it never switches.

3 years ago

ya if its saying yield at all its broke it. the patch itself should be showing a flat number not any kind of percentage.

3 years ago

I'll drop a thread on that mod's discussion section for it. Maybe sonaxaton will be able to blacklist the seeps from being unlimited until they switch over or something.

3 years ago

i would think so as from the info i saw hes doing it by script so theres no reason he cant check for it.

3 years ago

I don't use Infinite Resources mod and I have same bug too, so, that's probably from Py mod.

New response