Pyanodons Petroleum Handling

Adds realistic petrochemical processing into Factorio. Process bitumen hydrocarbons into hundreds of products and drill deep for underground oil deposits.

Overhaul
29 days ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g Error with Petrochem Plus

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I'm trying to run this mod with Angel's mods, Bob's mods, and an addon for Angel's mods called Petrochem Plus (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/PCPRedux)

When the game is loading, I get the following:

Error while loading recipe prototype "hotair-angels-roll-rubber-casting" (recipe): Key "icon" not found in property tree at ROOT.recipe.hotair-angels-roll-rubber-casting.icons[0]

I took a peek at the code for both of the mods, and I'm pretty sure this is caused by the logic for picking the icon for hot air recipes in your function "overrides.hotairrecipes" in prototypes/functions/functions.lua.

The code seems to default to using the "icon" property of the result of the recipe on line 431 if the recipe has no icon:

if recipe.icon ~= nil then
    icon = recipe.icon
    if recipe.icon_size ~= nil and recipe.icon_size == 32 then
        icon_size = 32
    else
        icon_size = 64
    end
end
if icon == nil then
    icon = data.raw.item[result].icon
end

But that doesn't work in the case of the item added by PetroChem Plus, which doesn't have the "icon" property but has a list of "icons" instead:

{
    type = "item",
    name = "angels-roll-rubber",
    icons={{icon = "__PCPRedux__/graphics/icons/roll-blank.png", tint = {r = 0, g = 0, b = 0},icon_size=32}},
    subgroup = "petrochem-solids",
    order = "ya",
    stack_size = 200
  }

I'm not really experienced with Factorio modding, so I'm not quite sure how to fix this, but as a temporary fix I was able to get the game to load by either adding the item to the hot air blacklist, or adding a default icon if "data.raw.item[result].icon" is nil.

3 years ago

+1

3 years ago

@VeryLucky I don't know why the installation of a library should fix the problem with PCP and PyPetroleum? Can you give a short hint? :)

3 years ago

my mods arent made to be compatible with all these mods. Nothing much i can do.

This thread has been locked.