Pyanodons Petroleum Handling

Adds realistic petrochemical processing into Factorio. Process bitumen hydrocarbons into hundreds of products and drill deep for underground oil deposits.

Overhaul
29 days ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g New Hot Air: Am I Missing Something...

3 years ago

... or is the 500-degree Combustion Mixture recipe the ONLY way to reheat Coke Oven Gas from 100 to 500 degrees? And does that recipe even work (FNEI is, of course... not the best with temperature variances)? That recipe is locked behind Complex Circuit Boards (required to build the "nonregenerative" Heat Exchanger), and, to be honest, that seems... kind of silly... just to reheat a gas, and especially a gas whose near-only purpose right now is to warm up bricks to make hot air. Is there some other green-level tech I may be missing that would unlock a less... involved... recipe? I don't mind silly so much (I mean... I'm playing full Pyanodon!), as long as the silly makes some kind of sense. This one doesn't seem to make much sense.

I am using FNEI, so if that mod is failing to list the recipe, fine, I can go bother that mod. But I sure could use a little guidance here. I mean, to be clear, I'm really not looking at setting up Complex Circuit Boards for a little while, at least. I haven't even automated SIMPLE Circuit Boards yet. So should I just be voiding the cold Coke Oven Gas in the interim? I mean, I can do that; I've got one productive Red Hot Coke line up and am probably looking at a second one, but it sure seems wasteful for such a niche item.

Thanks in advance for any help - love this mod suite.

3 years ago

No it should be 500 and above combustion mixture can reheat it. And yes it needs the regenerate heatexchanger which is locked behind the red circuits. It being looked into about possibly bring that down.

3 years ago

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate that it's being given additional thought. Red Circuits are probably the very last Green Tech item I'll tackle before starting to chase Blue Tech. And, to be fair, it's not like I'm running out of Coke, Coal, or any of the metals the Hot Air affects, but I'm also playing completely without Biters and with extra resources. I can only imagine what it would be like with all that extra added stress on the production or more limited raw materials.

Anyway, thanks again. I'll fill a couple Storage Tanks and void the rest for now, I guess, and look forward to how it falls out.

3 years ago

Oh, that just triggered a thought -- forgive me if this one is already out there and/or obvious, but is that Heat Exchanger process intended / able to restore 60 degree Steam to 165 degrees as well?

3 years ago

no. there is one for any steam up to 500 be heated to 500 but not one for 165

3 years ago

Ah, thanks. That's interesting-- Isn't 500 degree steam the temp sufficient to run the full-blown Turbines commonly used with vanilla Nuclear Power? Sorry for topic creep - you piqued my curiosity.

3 years ago

Hi, my regenerative heat exchanger will not accept 500 celcius coke oven gas to turn a warm brick into a warmer brick. I have the latest version of this mod.

New response