Pyanodons Petroleum Handling

Adds realistic petrochemical processing into Factorio. Process bitumen hydrocarbons into hundreds of products and drill deep for underground oil deposits.

Overhaul
a month ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g new hot air handling

3 years ago

Just updated my fairly large base (was working towards yellow science with red/green/py/blue fully automated and all techs researched) and the hot air change really messed up my base. Should have read that there is big change.
Trying to set it up and I'm just not getting it. To get warm bricks, you need outlet gas >= 500 and as output you get outlet gas 250. How do you get your first outlet gas into the process? I'm using FNEI and it's not showing me any good way and is the only way to deal with 250 to void it? Coke oven gas doesn't seem easier either and FNEI seems confused on a lot of the temperatures for inputs or outputs.
What is the proper chain to get the hot air setup?

3 years ago

ok. so you have the three bricks. warm, warmer, and hot. making hot bricks needs the hottest gas which gives you a cooler gas that can then be used to make warmer bricks which gives a then colder gas to make warm bricks. now you can precharge the system using outlet thats above the required temp or use from warmer bricks from the coal gas setup to get the outlet gas making hot bricks and cooler gas to start up the warm, warmer, hot chain. >= means it has to be at least that temp or greater. making outlet gas 4 will start at 1000 degrees so its more than hot enough to start all 3 processes.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

The hot air nerf feels a bit heavy handed. I'd suggest making it do a bit more than 5 bricks per craft since you need tons of hot air for recipes.

Edit: Missed the higher tier recipe. I'll try that.

3 years ago

So is there no use for 250 degree coke gas at all?

3 years ago

coke gas? im assuming you are talking about the coke oven gas. you can make warm stone bricks with it and then reheat it or just use it in any of the recipes that take coke oven gas without a temp.

3 years ago

You guys are like a cruel Dungeon Master-- get halfway through the game and you make it harder ;)

3 years ago

Yes, this is also my problem now. While updated to 1.0, I loaded my older base with 80 hours in, but I had quite a few hot air recipes already in, and now I just think about how hard it can be to create some hot air? Like .. why exactly coke oven gas? I would get if it was any combustible gas... (if I must use bricks in the first place, that part seemed a bit off even in 0.18)
Maybe this whole hot air process could use simple electricity, who knows :)
Anyway, I'm going to rebuild now and try to figure out how to heat up my coke oven gas ..

New response