Pyanodons Petroleum Handling

Adds realistic petrochemical processing into Factorio. Process bitumen hydrocarbons into hundreds of products and drill deep for underground oil deposits.

Overhaul
a month ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g Advanced foundry recipes seem wrong

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

It seems to me that the initial recipes for the advanced foundry (copper and iron smeltig) are by far worse than the basic smelting recipes.

We have a ore to plate ratio of 32:4 = 8:1 (without hot air) and 32:6 = 5.33 :1 (with hot air) whereas basic smelting is 1:1. The foundry also takes longer and uses by far more energy. So why would anyone use the advanced foundry with those recipes over a basic furnace in the beginning?

The basic 1:1 smelting recipes are also enabled in the foundry, outputting more for less energy in shorter time compared to the recipes above. The 1:1 in a foundry uses slightly more energy compared to a vanilla stone furnace but less than a steel furnace, and comes with a hefty reduction in pollution. The ability to make 1:1 repices in the foundry seems like an odd design choice, making vanilla furnaces obsolete when space is plentifull.

So in my oppinion the recipes are either useless or wrong - maybe just an oversight missing a zero. Just for less pollution I would never trade in so much ore and space. Sensible ratios are 32:40 = 1:1.25 and 32:60 = 1: 1.875, making it worth using the foundry - but in the same time the recipes are worse than advanced smelting recipes using fuel rods promotiong an upgrade at a later time. For the foundy the basic 1:1 recipes should also be disabled.

By the way: Those recipes appear to be enabled in vanilla furnaces where they - in fact - cannot be produced due to the lack of recipe selection. This is purely cosmetic but has the potential to confuse players.

4 years ago

There shouldn't be any 1:1 recipes at all. Are you using any mods besides pymods?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'm using several mods but mostly QoL and some minor additions. I did, however, disable all the mods but Pyanodons for testing purposes. The vanilla 1:1 recipes keep showing up persistently nonetheless.

https://imgur.com/a/9NCcXbN

I also tried starting a completely new game to test if anything got messed up but the recipes remained. Also vanilla furnaces kept using the vanilla recipes in any test scenario.

For your info: I've tested your stuff with factorio 1.7.74 and 79 - it's the same on both versions. I am using the latest versions of PyMods as of the moment. When taking the screenshots PyPetroleum 1.5.5 was the latest version but the problem remains in version 1.5.6.

4 years ago

Ok. Big thing is it looks pyRawOres and pyhightech is not enabled so I'll need to check what's going on then as that 38:4 recipes is meant for when pyRawOres is active. I'll get it sorted out

New response