Pyanodons Petroleum Handling

Adds realistic petrochemical processing into Factorio. Process bitumen hydrocarbons into hundreds of products and drill deep for underground oil deposits.

Overhaul
25 days ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

b Rubber requires rubber?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I've just started a new game with PyMods (no ores and no high-tech) with BioIndustries and some QoL-Mods (no Angel and no Bob or other large overhaul mods). Maybe this is related to PyCoal, not to PyPetroleum - I do not know as I am new to PyMods. However it seems that I cannot make rubber without already having rubber. So is there a way to get rubber which is not shown in FNEI?

https://imgur.com/a/lnTnQVD

As you can see I have 3 recipes for rubber (another 6 are recycling recipes from reverse factory which require rubber to make the items in the first place). Rubber is required to make the laboratory instrument which is one of the two ingredients for logistic science packs. However, the basic rubber recipe needs the rubber technology which is red science but locked behind several technologies that require logistic science to research.

As far as I can tell there is no way for me to make rubber in the first place to kickstart logistic science. Or is there some kind of rubber tree or a fancy machine that I can use to make rubber?

4 years ago

Theres no rubber tree. I'll need to look to see if theres a different recipe meant to be used first or if that's a bug

4 years ago

I am eager to know about your findings - as my progress in the in the game is stuck for now ;)

4 years ago

ive looked into it and it is in fact bug as i do not see anyway to make the needed rubber without the sci 2 that you cannot craft.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

So as I see it there are 4 ways to fix it:
- Remove some dependencies for the rubber tech (either remove "crusher" as dependency for "machines for oil industry MK01" or the latter as dependency for "rubber")
- Add a "primitve" (way less efficient) way to make rubber
- remove rubber as a ingredient in sci 2 and replace it with something else
- remove sci 2 for all required technological dependencies

IMHO the fourth and the third fix are the easiest solution but may break intended behavior (especially the third). The first may be gamebreaking due to the lack of machines. The second fix seems like the most immersive one but comes with more work about balancing the recipe. Anyway I'd suggest fix nr. 4 as "quick and dirty" hotfix and nr. 2 as final fix.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

double post - sry

4 years ago

Yes I'll get it delt with today and have a update out later asap for it

4 years ago

Great! I'll be looking forward to it :) Thanks for your fast response and action.

4 years ago

ok. uploaded 1.5.5 and this should be fixed now

New response