Pyanodons Petroleum Handling

Adds realistic petrochemical processing into Factorio. Process bitumen hydrocarbons into hundreds of products and drill deep for underground oil deposits.

Overhaul
a month ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g Hot Air recipes are stronger than "Tier 2" recipes?

4 years ago

I looked at upgrading my copper plate production line and found an inconsistency.

To make copper plate from raw ore you get 0.125 plates per ore.
To make copper plate using hot air you get 0.375 plates per ore.
To make copper plate through grade 1 and grade 2 copper you get 0.2 plates per ore and another 0.2 stone per ore.

The last recipe requires A LOT of machines to set up and is less efficient than the hot air one. And the extra stone is, as far as i am concerned, a waste byproduct.
The hot air recipe uses way less energy as well.

May i suggest a rebalance?
Without knowing the absolute final ratios for the next tier (molten copper) but ~0.6 plates per ore, i would say the tier 2 (grade 1/2) recipe should yield 0.4 plates per ore as well as that 0.2 stone.
And the hot air recipe should yield 0.25 plates per ore.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

On a similar vein, the "tier 2" iron plate recipe produces 0.2 plates per ore.
However, that has an extra hot air recipe which brings it to 0.6 plates per ore.
The molten iron using processed iron brings in ~0.72 plates per ore at the expense of borax and sand.

Again, i feel the hot air recipes are too strong and really should be x2 the effect of the recipes without hot air, not x3 as they currently are.

EDIT: And i still think the copper "tier 2" recipe should be stronger than the "tier 2" iron recipe due to the extra amount of processing required.

4 years ago

it will be looked into

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Hi, I was just wondering how to produce hot air? What mod contains hot stone-bricks, because I cannot produce them with the mods I have installed. In case it helps, I have:
Coal Processing, Fusion Energy, HighTech, Industry, Petroleum Handling, Raw Ores

EDIT: You can enable the recipe with /c game.player.force.recipes["hot-stone-brick"].enabled=true

4 years ago

This mod has hot air.
You make it by burning stone bricks in a furnace to make hot bricks and then cooling them in a heat exchanger which nets you the bricks back and hot air.
There's also a "void" recipe for the same amount of hot air but no return bricks.

4 years ago

yes that is the old way its still there in order not to break peoples builds

New response