Pyanodons Coal Processing

Extends and overhauls Factorio's burner phase. Use realistic oil and coal processes to create advanced products. Functions as the core and library for the rest of the pY mods.

Overhaul
15 days ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

b Bug 0.3.2

6 years ago

Failed to load mods:Error while running setup for recipe prototype "advanced foundry gas separation " (recipe):Subgroup must be defined when there is no common main product.

mods to be disabled:
pycoalprocessing

Please fix this bug

i used this list of mods:
-angelsaddons-oresilos_0.3.1
-angelsaddons-petrotrain_0.2.0
-angelsaddons-pressuretanks_0.2.0
-angelsbioprocessing_0.4.1
-angelscomponents_0.2.0
-angelsexploration_0.2.0
-angelsinfiniteores_0.6.11
-angelspetrochem_0.5.13
-angelsrefining_0.7.24
-angelssmelting_0.3.9
-angelssmelting-extended_0.0.3
-beltSorter_0.4.1
-Bio_Industries_1.7.4
-bobassembly_0.15.7
-bobelectronics_0.15.3
-bobenemies_0.15.2
-bobgreenhouse_0.15.2
-bobinserters_0.15.1
-boblibrary_0.15.8
-boblogistics_0.15.6
-bobmining_0.15.2
-bobmodules_0.15.3
-bobores_0.15.6
-bobplates_0.15.12
-bobpower_0.15.4
-bobrevamp_0.15.4
-bobtech_0.15.3
-bobwarfare_0.15.3
-concreted-rails_0.1.5
-creative-mode_0.3.9
-FARL_1.1.7
-Geothermal_0.0.8
--pycoalprocessing_0.3.2
-rso-mod_3.3.11
-ShinyAngelGFX_0.15.7
-ShinyBobGFX_0.15.17
-yi_engines_0.5.25
-yi_railway_0.5.19
-Yi_Tech_Tree_0.15.0
-Yuoki_0.5.71
-z_yira_UP_0.5.9

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I too received a similar message with a similar modlist, although much of Bob's and Angel's disabled. My suspicion is one of the library mods.

EDIT: It looks like it's not playing nice with Bob's library mod.

6 years ago

Pyanodons works not ok with angels and bobs)) I hope author will fix this in nearest future patch. Because I like to play with this bunch of mods Angels + Bob's

6 years ago

The mod works fine with bobs. You must use his libraries and bobs plates at minimum. Dont forget the dependencies. About the initial bug, im investigating

6 years ago

Loading the game with Bob Library + PyCoal results in:
@pycoalprocessing:data_updates:10
@pycoal/prototypes/updates/bob_additions:65
field "carbon" is nil

Loading the game with Bob Plates + Bob Library + PyCoal results in "Error in AssignID: item with name "wooden-board" does not exist.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Failed to load mods:Error while running setup for recipe prototype "advanced foundry gas separation " (recipe):Subgroup must be defined when there is no common main product.

This error happens when i added angelspetrochem_0.5.13))

6 years ago

field "carbon" is nil

Loading the game with Bob Plates + Bob Library + PyCoal results in "Error in AssignID: item with name "wooden-board" does not exist.

Check dependencies....

6 years ago

bob's configs aren't updated for 0.15 yet

6 years ago

field "carbon" is nil

6 months later, starting factorio 0.16.23 with those two mods (and many others) for the first time, i get the same error - "attempt to index field 'carbon' (a nil value)"

Check dependencies....

why do i need to check dependencies?
if they are ok, there should be no error,
and if some are missing, mods should automatically be disabled !?

which dependencies can i see and/or do i have to check that are not listed as dependencies in this mod, and why wouldn't you list them so that they are handled/checked automatically ?

also runs on vanilla. When use bobs, have at least Bobs Plates/Electronics (and their dependencies) running.

i run vanilla with many mods, but no angels, and from bobs only the trees and sometimes bobs inserters. do i have to use bobplates and bobs electronics too, just to be able to run this mod with bobs trees or inserters (and thus also having bobs library enabled) ?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Error loading mods
Failed to load mods: pycoalprocessing/data-updates.lua:10:__pycoalprocessing/prototypes/updates/bob-additions.lua:65:attempt to index field 'carbon' (a nil value)

I have Bio_industries and boblibrary installed, but not bobplates.

6 years ago

When use bobs, use the whole suite.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

sorry, but this is quite annoying :

When use bobs, use the whole suite.

i only want to work with wood, thus having pycoal and bobs greenhouse, maybe also bobs inserters. both of these mods are from the same author and use his library, but otherwise are completely independent of all the difficult bobs+angels stuff. since i don't want any of those huge modpacks, new ores and long production chains on my map, I will have to skip using py-mods :-(
i could use another treefarm (the more complicated bio industries or something else), but that still leaves the conflict with bobs inserters. isn't it a bit ridiculous having to use several new ore types and long electronics chains, just to be allowed to use inserters together with py mods ?

since you say that your mod works with vanilla, can't you have optional dependencies and/or check for bobs plates etc instead of only checking for his library and then assuming that the full bobspack is used ?

ps: i read some discussions on your mods and many (most? all?) people seem to use it together with other large modpacks to make factorio exponentially more complicated with lots of difficult production chains and intermediate products. then, is it used at all as standalone mod with vanilla, or should it in the future require those bobs mods as (non-optional) dependencies, and thus automatically avoid all the problems with some missing intermediate products?

5 years ago

This is insane. I don't want the extra chains either? I use mods that aren't compatible with the bob chains, all I want is the inserters. So I can't use any of your mods.