P.U.M.P.

by Xcone

P.U.M.P. (Prevent Unwanted Manual Pump-placement) adds a selection-tool with which you can select oil wells, and then plans the layout of pumpjacks and pipes for you.

Utilities
2 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Fluids Blueprints

i Support for Advanced Fluid Handling?

3 years ago
3 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't use Advanced Fluid Handling myself. From the description I gather that it adds additional flavors of underground pipes. This should make it easier to place/manage. But the way I see it, P.U.M.P. takes that placement/management away for an oil field already in a different way. What would be the gain to support it, apart from looks? Please elaborate.

I'm open to the idea, though. There's some routines in P.U.M.P. to take other mods into account for the pumps, but none yet for the pipes. It's something I've been wanting to add, as well. Though admittedly, it's going to be a nightmare to add! The code is not ready for this at all. Which makes it all the more important I know what you ask. Perhaps you run into something specific that I can fix faster.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

While it does add (3 tiers of) extra-long underground pipes, what it does that is somewhat more interesting (and more challenging to support) is an underground pipe with 1, 2, 3 or 4 underground connections; equivalent to a pipe and 1-4 adjacent pipe-to-grounds, as well as an underground pipe extension (equivalent to two back-to-back underground pipes), a right-angle, a t-junction and 4-way junction, with no above-ground connections.

It effectively allows you to construct a pipe network with significantly fewer fluid-boxes involved, saving UPS.

3 years ago

Ok. So if I understand correctly there's no immediate issue. You would just like an UPS-friendly as possible layout by utilizing the longer underground pipes and the various buried junctions/angles/etc.

I'll see what I can do. I might not be able to incorporate it all, and the things that I can do might not be added all at once. But I guess every step help. Might take a while though. P.U.M.P. was not built with this kind of options in mind. But it would make P.U.M.P. more complete if this would work.

Disclaimer though. P.U.M.P. does not, and will not, make better layouts then you (the experienced player) can make by yourself. It's a convenience tool following some patterns that are pre-programmed that might not always produce the most efficient solution. So if it's the UPS-friendly layouts you're hunting for, P.U.M.P. will not be able to deliver on a consistent basis; even after adding the options A.F.H. has to offer. It does do a pretty good job, if I say so myself, and implementing the A.F.H. will surely help. But it'll never be perfect.

3 years ago

Just using the extra pipe options would likely be a win; you should probably be able to have around half as many entities without too much pain, I suspect.

New response