Power Grid Comb

Provides a tool to remove and instantly replace electricity infrastructure in an area, cosmetically cleaning up any inconsistent power cable due to out of order building while leaving circuit wiring alone

Utilities
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Shortcut instead of item

5 years ago

I think this is the best mod which exists. Seriously, when you install Factorio, there should be a pop up "Do you have OCD?" and if you answer yes, it should automatically download and install this mod! I was spending dozens of hours on fixing the wires manually, while with this mod I can just click and drag.

Would you consider making it a shortcut (like the ones on the right side of the toolbar), instead of an item? Currently, it wastes an inventory slot and crafting it takes a while due to 25 copper cables needed.

I know there is a balancing in play, as normally you would need copper cables in the inventory...

5 years ago

Yeah, it should definitely be converted into one of the new tool types - I just need to do the graphics work :)

5 years ago

I was just going to suggest this but it seems you're already working on it. I'm glad you're going with the new standards by using the shortcuts instead of an item. If you need any help I can gladly make icons for the tool.

5 years ago

I can use Illustrator design a vector icon and then make rasters for the following sizes and colors and make a pull to your GitHub repository if you'd like me to.

power-grid-comb-x24-white.png
power-grid-comb-x24.png
power-grid-comb-x32-white.png
power-grid-comb-x32.png

5 years ago

That would be great if you're willing! I should have some time this weekend at the latest to work on the code side :)

5 years ago

I've made a pull request (https://github.com/shanemadden/factorio-power-grid-comb/pull/6) and uploaded some icons that I created.

5 years ago

Updated to move to a shortcut tool with your icons, thanks again!

5 years ago

No problem! :)

5 years ago

Nice improvement, thanks a lot :)

5 years ago

i'm no longer able to craft this item? I can middle mouse click and add it to the shortcut menu, but it is Dim, and not usable.

5 years ago

nagy-out it's only available in the shortcut bar, not the hotbar.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

An item for it does not exist and is using a newer standard introduced with 0.17 that allows for it to be used in the shortcuts bar instead of being an item. If you're using 0.16 it might be why you can't use it unless this mod has proper backwards compatibility with the latest version of the mod, you can just download an older version of it.

5 years ago

I suppose I can add a startup option to keep the item as craftable and storable in the inventory, for those who would prefer to have it in the item bars instead.

5 years ago

But to keep it simple only the shortcut should be used. With versions before 0.17 like 0.16, the item would be available.

New response