Platforms

Allows you and your robots to build platforms. Platforms are placed on water, and act like landfill except that you can destroy platforms later to reclaim water tiles. They can also be put into a blueprint. Graphics from kaueNP.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Logistics

b [Fixed] Standing to close

5 years ago

Hi, while building and adjusting my factory on top of some of your platforms I find out that if you stand right next to building you going to mine or deconstruct by bots you die. Test it out by doing same thing on land and on different tiles and even replacing your platforms by other tiles and and then testing it without dying. Results of my test is if you stand in bounding box of entity you mining you instantly die when building is mined.
I hope it is fixable, if not at least there is warning for every one to keep your distance from construction zone!

5 years ago

This is intended.

You break the tile, so you fall in the water, so you driown. What else could I do?

5 years ago

Well tile is not mined itself only building on top of it or it is connected with tile getting updated do to change on top of it?
I mean platform tile itself is not being mined or deconstructed. And if it is problem with game itself updating tiles do to change on top of them there is no fault on your side except adding one more warning note on information page.

5 years ago

Same problem here.
Touching a building you are removing cause insta death.

4 years ago

I'm seeing this. Deconstructing a building but not the tile that the building is on can cause the player to die of a watery death.

4 years ago

mm, today I also managed to mine a tile under a roboport, which took the roboport away

4 years ago

Confirmed through testing. If the player is standing right next to a building build on top of platforms and mines the building, the player is killed.
At first I thought it might be a conflict with SqueakThrough, but it happens even after disabling SqueakThrough.
https://i.imgur.com/DvMf8Yu.png
https://i.imgur.com/WtrjrAm.png

3 years ago

I have fixed this

3 years ago

I have fixed this

great - (not tested yet) - but u didnt mention it in the changelog - intended?

3 years ago

I forgot to add it to the changelog

New response