|Created:||1 year, 5 days ago|
|Latest Version:||19.18.3 (a month ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.17|
Platforms act as a more versatile form of landfill since they can be destroyed after use and be put into blueprints.
Xterminator made a spotlight on this mod, click the image to view it
- Platforms are immortal while a building is on top, but the player dies if a platform is removed from underneath them.
- Platforms can be overwritten by other tile types if you build them on top, so you can texture the water how you like.
- Platforms also have the advantage that they can be blueprinted or deconstructed with bots.
- There is a mod setting that lets you change the texture of the platform. There are currently two themes.
- Platforms provide a 30% speed boost
- You can use NUM+ and NUM- to control the placement size. (This is a vanilla feature of all tiles.)
5/2/18 - General Update
Fixed robots destroying entities causing a crash
Changed the technology to require red science when playing with seablock
Squeezed the last drop of performance out of the mod
Added this changelog to the in-game view
Reduced file size
Increased code readability
Added markdown to this description
4/29/18 - Bugfix Update
Fixed a crash caused by placing an entity without a size
4/19/18 - General Update
Added a dedicated technology
Fixed graphical issues on transitions
Made the item icon more grey
Added a low resolution sprite
Changed the recipe to use steel instead of wood
Fixed a crash when a robot destroyed a platform
4/17/18 - Mod Release
Fix deep water changing to regular water after destroying a building and a platform underneath. (Currently impossible
without pre_tile_mined callbacks or duplicated surfaces.
Dropped items, cars, and curved rail are zapped into the nether if a platform from underneath is destroyed
There is a slight graphical issue involving buildings on edges of platforms
Selection boxes that are bigger than the referenced entity will make too many immortal tiles when placed on platforms. I can't imagine a scenario where a modder would make such an entity, so I won't fix this until I see an example. I don't want to fundamentally change the mod to accommodate for a fringe case.
Adds a noticeable delay for placing/destroying many entities at once. This is seen in mods like creative mode, and the map editor