|Created:||1 year, 4 months ago|
|Latest Version:||19.18.3 (5 months ago)|
|Factorio version:||0.16 - 0.17|
Check out the alternative version here: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/breakable-landfill
Platforms act as a more versatile form of landfill since they can be destroyed after use and be put into blueprints.
Xterminator made a spotlight on this mod, click the image to view it
1. Platforms are immortal while a building is on top, but the player dies if a platform is removed from underneath them.
2. Platforms can be overwritten by other tile types if you build them on top, so you can texture the water how you like.
3. Platforms also have the advantage that they can be blueprinted or deconstructed with bots.
4. There is a mod setting that lets you change the texture of the platform. There are currently two themes.
5. Platforms provide a 30% speed boost
6. You can use NUM+ and NUM- to control the placement size. (This is a vanilla feature of all tiles.)
5/2/18 - General Update
Fixed robots destroying entities causing a crash
Changed the technology to require red science when playing with seablock
Added this changelog to the in-game view
Reduced file size
Increased code readability
4/29/18 - Bugfix Update
Fixed a crash caused by placing an entity without a size
4/19/18 - General Update
Added a dedicated technology
Fixed graphical issues on transitions
Made the item icon more grey
Added a low resolution sprite
Changed the recipe to use steel instead of wood
Fixed a crash when a robot destroyed a platform
4/17/18 - Mod Release
Fix deep water changing to regular water after destroying a building and a platform underneath. (Currently impossible
without pre_tile_mined callbacks or duplicated surfaces.
Dropped items, cars, and curved rail are zapped into the nether if a platform from underneath is destroyed
There is a slight graphical issue involving buildings on edges of platforms
Selection boxes that are bigger than the referenced entity will make too many immortal tiles when placed on platforms. I can't imagine a scenario where a modder would make such an entity, so I won't fix this until I see an example. I don't want to fundamentally change the mod to accommodate for a fringe case.
Adds a noticeable delay for placing/destroying many entities at once. This is seen in mods like creative mode, and the map editor