Overhead Electrification (Realistic Electric Trains)

Adds electric trains that are powered by overhead catenary lines. Integrates smoothly with both vanilla and modpack gameplay. Designed to use minimal scripting for maximum performance.

Content
6 months ago
Transportation Trains Power

g Performance impact?

a month ago

I guess the power poles behave like rail signals. If so, whats the performance hit? Rail signals are notorious ups eaters in higher amounts, and since you need to spam power poles pretty often, I start to worry

a month ago

The catenary poles behave like rail signals for the placement restriction (only next to rails), but they're turned into actual power poles as soon as they're placed. Those power poles are then also connected to each other and to your main power network, so there's no extra disconnected electric networks either (as those also eat UPS).
The actual UPS concern would be from the locomotives, because they need Lua scripting to check if they're powered in real-time. That said, i've optimized the heck out of the code, using the minimum amount of API calls and bucketing updates over multiple ticks, so even their performance impact is quite low.

a month ago

Ah okay, thank you for the explanation. The main concern of mine were the power poles, but hour explanation is clean, that they will not cause any ups issues

New response