Content
3 months ago
Logistics

b an bug

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

error loading mods, which daft factorio devs don't let me copy paste

10.844 Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Failed to load mod "oops-all-filters": __oops-all-filters__/data-final-fixes.lua:124: attempt to index local 'effect' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
    __oops-all-filters__/data-final-fixes.lua:124: in main chunk

i am running SE/K2/Rampant and various minor support mods

4 months ago

"daft factorio devs" :) suggest people using the file:
https://wiki.factorio.com/Log_file

4 months ago

the non-discoverable UI, a most dreadful happenstance! (edited to include log lines)

4 months ago

this bug not happen in competitor, https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FilterInsertersBegone

4 months ago

I can share my log error if needed. Don't know how long it will be hosted tho. Same, playing KSE2+others mods. Crash on start, not even while loading a game
https://textdoc.co/pIQ8gzk97Et0TVKB

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

this may be difficult to fully squash because i'd have to go looking through all of SE, K2's, and Rampant's technologies to figure out which one specifically is causing this crash and why. from the sounds of things, it looks like it's just because there are technologies that have an effects table but no actual effects, so in the mean-time i will try a quick and dirty fix to just not do anything with technologies like that and hopefully that stops it from crashing but im not sure what it'll break yet. (sorry i took so long to reply btw i completely forgot i even uploaded this lol)

4 months ago

I don't have rampant on my game, so that's one less culprit

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

is it still crashing with the updates i made?

4 months ago

no crash, but switching from FilterInsertersBegone to this mod modified all my existing inserters to be in blacklist mode

4 months ago

im guessing those were inserters that initially didnt have filters but that FilterInsertersBegone gave filters? this might be tricky. i'll have to work on it tomorrow.

4 months ago

No crash this morning with the last update. So the work around was fine. Didn't have time to check my whole factory to see if the transition from vanilla filter and not filter to this mod filter was made right (reason why I didn't try filterInsertersBegone btw, and waited for yours)

4 months ago

no crash, but switching from FilterInsertersBegone to this mod modified all my existing inserters to be in blacklist mode

hopefully this should be fixed now. what the mod will now do is if an inserter has filters assigned to it then it will not change the filter mode at all. if it has no filters, though, then even if you intended for it to use whitelist it will be switched to blacklist. i think this is a pretty weird edgecase that realistically will probably never come up, though, because why would you ever have no filters on an inserter, have it set to whitelist, and have it set up in a situation where if it changed to blacklist without you knowing it would mess up things? seems pretty obscure to me.

4 months ago

I can see a few edge case where it could broke something, but probably not significant. So the fix is fine
(exemple of this case, especially since in SE you can remote control inserter and other stuff, would be to remove the filtered item to have a blank "whitelist" and a deactivated inserter you can easily activate again if needed but yeah, not so common nor important)

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

in such a case that you mentioned it would be better to just turn the inserter itself on/off via circuit control i think, but, yeah, that could be a potential edgecase.

4 months ago

yeah, to be fair, the fix seems more important than the edge case

New response