Omnimatter

This mod condenses all ores into a single ore from which everything is extracted.

Content
3 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

b Some feedback and a possible bug fix?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I like the idea of this mod and how it both adds and reduces complexity a bit. Not having to hunt for specific ores, especially with Angel's, is a great addition, and with enough circuit conditions I think it should be possible to create a system that produces exactly as much of everything you could want.

However, I'd like to ask you if you were intending to balance the default settings of the mod. I suppose it's intended that the 3rd to 6th tiers of pure extraction get expensive really fast, but are these values final? I know I could change the settings to create a less steep curve, but I still think something like 16 SP1's, 8 SP2's and so on multiplied by several thousands for the last tiers are a bit expensive and stand out from vanilla/other mod research costs. Also, the liquid solvation recipies don't seem to be affected by any multipliers.

Also, it seems that the 5th tier of pure extraction research is currently more expensive than the 6th. Is this intended? And what exactly does "pure tech cost increase by level" do in the settings? "Pure tech cost increase by tier" seems to be the one multiplying all pure extraction research costs.

6 years ago

However, I'd like to ask you if you were intending to balance the default settings of the mod. I suppose it's intended that the 3rd to 6th tiers of pure extraction get expensive really fast, but are these values final?

No and they are configurable :) Look into settings for the 0.3 value!

I know I could change the settings to create a less steep curve, but I still think something like 16 SP1's, 8 SP2's and so on multiplied by several thousands for the last tiers are a bit expensive and stand out from vanilla/other mod research costs. Also, the liquid solvation recipies don't seem to be affected by any multipliers.

It is meant to be steep and yes, currently it is not affected but for the next version I have rectified it

Also, it seems that the 5th tier of pure extraction research is currently more expensive than the 6th. Is this intended?

Side effect of my function, fixing it for the next version.

And what exactly does "pure tech cost increase by level" do in the settings? "Pure tech cost increase by tier" seems to be the one multiplying all pure extraction research costs.

The system is like this "Tier" is a system to measure how "rare" or "difficult" a substance is normally to get, or value. Tier 1 means it's pure recipes start showing up after first electric omnitractor, tier 2 means the pure one shows up after, impure ones show up after tier 1 and so on. Level refer to how for along a chain you go.

So tier increase means "how much more expensive is tier 2 pure research than tier 1?" as a multiplicative factor. The level one is trickier to say how it effects it but it effects the increase in price for the levels within a branch.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Thank you for fixing the liquid multipliers and the last level being less expensive than the one before. :)

Still, it doesn't seem like any of the extraction technology costs change by changing "pure tech cost increase by level", whether it's 0.01, 0.3 or 2. Other than changing that, I'm using the default settings on your mod with Angel's ores.

6 years ago

have you tried making new games?

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Yes, I've created a new game and rebooted Factorio each time I've tried changing the settings. I start a new game and check the tech trees. Only "pure tech cost increase by tier" seems to have any effect on tech costs, "increase by level" doesn't seemingly do anything.

Edit: I did some Exceling and these are the results for a completely unmodded game sans your mod. I restarted the game each time I changed the settings, and started a new game on vanilla map settings.

http://imgur.com/xrQQUb7

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

I think I may have found a solution to the problem I've been having.

In constants.lua, there are the lines

omni.pure_tech_tier_increase = settings.startup["omnimatter-pure-tech-tier-cost-increase"].value
omni.pure_tech_level_increase = settings.startup["omnimatter-pure-tech-tier-cost-increase"].value

Is the latter supposed to be

omni.pure_tech_level_increase = settings.startup["omnimatter-pure-tech-level-cost-increase"].value

instead, because I changed it to that and suddenly the tech costs were much more sensible and started changing depending on the level cost constant :D

6 years ago

I see little change but it is correct, it's supposed to be that :) I'll update it

6 years ago

Well, the "little change" is just 4000 science packs less per level at the 5th tier with default settings, but now it's fine!

Tack så mycket! Thank you for your hard work with this great mod!

6 years ago

Versågod! :)

Well it's little here :)