Omnimatter

This mod condenses all ores into a single ore from which everything is extracted.

Content
4 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

b Infinite Yield Droping too fast

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Hi,

First i'd like to thank you for this mod as it allows a better control over production.

I'm playing with the infinite ore activated, but the yield seems to be dropping really fast, minus 1 % every 5 - 10 ore mined.

This is making the infinite version really hard to play with.

Would it be possible to change it ? I've tried mining with the same mining speed with angel ores and yours and it seems that angel managed to make it drop normally.

Thanks again.

6 years ago

I'll look into it :)

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

After a lot of tests and the help of the discord #mod_making (more precisely DarkSlayerEX) we found out that the yield will drop way slower if the minimum value (from t he ore in omnite-inf.lua) is closer to the normal one.
Allowing player to set these through settings.lua could be a solution if you do not want to seek the most balanced value for these.

Hope it helped ! :)

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

minimum = angelsmods.ores.yield
minable.results.probability = angelsmods.ores.loweryield

You should be able to update your compatibility by modifying those values if angelmods.ores is detected.

another way to do it is to use

if angelmods.ores and settings.startup["omnimatter-infinite"].value then
data.raw.resource["infinite-omnite"].minimum = angelsmods.ores.yield
data.raw.resource["infinite-omnite"].minable.probability.results.probability = angelsmods.ores.loweryield
end

Note: This is only to allow the yield minimum and probability information to sync to how Angel's is setup.

I cannot say anything about yield drop speed.

6 years ago

I think you should just forget about it. I've been playing with custom settings on angels infinite ores which shifted my feeling about infinite ores. And i truly felt like they were dropping too fast.

6 years ago

Can still add options :)