Omnimatter

This mod condenses all ores into a single ore from which everything is extracted.

Content
3 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g Love the mod, first impressions of sorts

6 years ago

Howdy.

Figured I'd post on my experience with the mod

First off the mod has been an awesome experience and really changes the way you have to think, managing a factory entirely around a single resource which you can quite easily run out of quickly is an interesting challenge.

A few people have already mentioned the painfully slow start, and I pale to think what would happen if I played with biters on so I can't comment on that part.

But a reason I feel like I had a painful start was because inserters won't continue to fill the burner omnimatter machine.

I'm not positive if this is something that happened because of a mod, bit I had to constantly remove the iron ore/stone/copper from the burner after each production cycle which really kills the pacing, when you get electricity up and running and can pull out the ore/stone using inserters it starts to speed up, but the initial stage is really quite slow because of this weird interaction.

Once I'd gotten red/green research setup and had my coal/copper/iron sections setup, I started to fly along and rapidly found that you need to get trains up and running to satisfy the need for resources.

At the time of writing im just starting to dive into oil production so i can't comment much past that. But so far it's been great.

Thanks for the great mod.

6 years ago

It does seem a bit buggy with the burner inserters. I had ONE which was misbehaving after a while, but usually, they would fill themselves just fine. Not sure what would cause that.

As for playing with biters, I tried fully default settings and got attacked around the 55 minute mark. Fortunately, my pistol was enough to fend them off. I promptly built 3 turrets and was fine after that. Though now, the new extraction methods have me stumped.

There is a way you can sort-of automate things before you get power running. The burner inserters can pull just what the furnace needs and ignore the stone. So if you put stuff in boxes first, the boxes will act like a filter, keeping stone while allowing the rest to go on. Trouble is, you can't belt it if you do that, so you end up with a terrible setup.

http://imgur.com/OShweNj

6 years ago

Not sure why I have that issue then, could be a mod.

Also I tried running a similar setup but the burner onserters ran out of fuel too much for me to bother, by that point I just made small power setup to run regular inserters

6 years ago

Side Inserters! Nice :D

6 years ago

But a reason I feel like I had a painful start was because inserters won't continue to fill the burner omnimatter machine.

May I recommend burner leech mod? Or am I misunderstanding?

Thanks for the great mod.
My pleasure!

5 years ago

how do i produce power and why is steam an item now