Omnimatter

This mod condenses all ores into a single ore from which everything is extracted.

Content
4 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

g First Impressions

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

I'm getting the hang of the early recipes, but I have to say, it's a sorting nightmare if you want to automate anything. It's quite some time before filter inserters are available, and without them, belts become a mess of stone and ore. Crushed stone isn't smelted, but iron ore is. But when both are on the belt, that means you pretty much have to manually load your furnaces with ore until you get up to filter inserters. Unless I'm missing something?

Something else that's very weird is that the Bob's Gemstones ores are in the early extraction recipes. What's this about? You don't need gems at all in the early game in Bob's Mods.

7 years ago

Agreed. I'm having to use "Quick start" (bots at beginning of game) with logistic bots and "loaders" (belts move directly into and out of chest at full speed) just because it's impossible to filter otherwise.

7 years ago

47 minutes in, I got my first technology researched. Yay.
http://imgur.com/OShweNj

Still, sorting's a crazy burden. Unsure about this. That's going to make automation pretty tough.

7 years ago

@numerials
I'm using a customized version of the quick-start mod which I altered to give me the personal roboport ONLY with no other starter kit stuff. That way I can at least make blueprints and deconstruct trees quickly, but still have to puzzle out the early game. I did that mostly to test out this mod because I want to see how hard it is by default.

6 years ago

Something else that's very weird is that the Bob's Gemstones ores are in the early extraction recipes. What's this about? You don't need gems at all in the early game in Bob's Mods.

There is a coding issue for that which I am working on, basically there is a roof on number of results in a recipe and I need to update the way it goes dynamic to fix it. Working on it :) Might be in my next version