Oarc Multiplayer Spawn

by Oarc

Overhauls multiplayer spawning system. This mod serves one purpose. To serve the scenario files over the mod portal. The best source is the github page.

Scenarios
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1

g compatibility with other mods ;)

4 years ago

heyhey, doesnt seem compatible with things like space exploration, alien biomes and krastorio (not sure oif different ores still remain on map. i got spawned somwhere with only blackness all around me :D

4 years ago

my apologies... the map was black.. and couldnt build... but when respawning again it was ok... also, i have been testing respawns alot with vanilla generation, the land stays beautufil even with alien biomes... also at first i did not see biters anywhere. but i used quality of live mod to give myself 100x speed walk... they are there... is was scared it wouldnt work with rampart//bobs enemies. so far so good. awesome job on this mod. gonna test now some more if it works with the huge amount of mods i am using now ;p

4 years ago

sometimes i have to open the map before terrain is generated, but thats np

4 years ago

I do not think that space exploration works together with this mod. could it be that there is conflict here? I have not seen a meteor fallen once so far... would be cool if this also works with space exploration :D

4 years ago

So this mod/scenario is an overhaul. It won't be compatible with any other mod that makes significant changes to surfaces and map generation or enemies.

For example, Space exploration adds a ton of new surfaces / enemies / etc. OARC mod/scenario won't work with that.
But for Industrial Revolution, something like that is compatible because the only map/surface changes are adding a couple of new ores. Changing ores is supported, but I'd recommend using the scenario not the mod.

I will be happy to assist anyone who wants to attempt to make these things compatible but I will not be implementing compatibility.

10 months ago

Oarc, If our community paid you money would you consider making a LITE version of this that is compatible with space exploration and Krastorio etc... Just one that simply takes care of spawns and nothing else? Your spawning system is stellar but the fact an overhaul mod was written into it wasnt so much. If it just took care of the spawn situation this would of been one of the most popular mods available for factorio server owners.

10 months ago

Geightfive, thanks for reaching out and I appreciate the question. I saw your post soon after you left it but didn't have time to respond immediately. The short answer is I can't/won't at this time.

When I first started writing the mod, it was before overhauls were as popular as they are now. I actually haven't played the game in years now myself and so I haven't done any mod development in a long time. I agree it would be a nice mod, but there are quite a few complexities around resources, enemy difficulty, custom chunk generation, and surfaces used that differ between these overhaul mods and modpacks (from what little I know). I suspect it would end up being a lot of work to support compatibility with the various mods and overhauls.

That being said, all the code I wrote is open source under a permissive license I believe. Several people have already forked it or maintain different versions. If someone else wanted to, like I said, I'd be happy to support the effort however I can.

If we do get an expansion pack released, that might bring me back long enough to revise my scenario and try to revisit if I can make a more general purpose mod.

New response