ModMash

New Planets, Late game enemy, Land Mines, Underground world, Subways, Valkyries, Ore refining, Crash Site Items and Tech Loot, Subspace Transport, Sub-Dimensional Stacking, Biter harvesting. Placeable spawners, Alien Ooze, Ore Enrichments, conversions, Regenerative Walls and Belts, Recycler, Fluid controls, Mini Boiler, Fishing Machine, Mini Loaders. Titanium Walls, pipes and Belts, Biter Neural Toxin, Fish and Ooze juice. This is a modpack for all splinters.

Overhaul
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

g Chest Capsule Loot Frequency

3 years ago

I know there is a setting in the mod settings for mod mash about how often loot will appear in newly found chest capsules, in percentage terms, going from 1 to 100 but it does not seem to make much of a difference, my heart still breaks when i find a capsule and nothing is in it. The majority of time may I note. Is there some way of correcting this please, when i go through the code I see the default value is 13 I think I saw. But no matter what i change it always seems to be the same out come with the majority of chests being empty . Thankyou .

3 years ago

And as an idea is it possible to make the loot close to the crash site low level and the further you go the better it gets please?

3 years ago

Will review, but this is one of those things where if i fix it ome way sombody wants it the other.

3 years ago

ok thankyou

3 years ago

Could we make the radius a little bigger before the loots start getting bigger please..

Reason, Risk versus Reward

When I look at the average multiplayer map on these multiplayer servers, most seem to all the same size, a lot of the maps seem to up only for week to two weeks at best it seems, and the people never seem to go much further than the edge of the base made. The reward for finding better loots in the really dense alien mob areas should be much better than those that are close to camp. Those people who crower behind walls should receive only bare minimal lol. I find the area going out from the start point breaks down into three different densities of enemies at the start, and so if it helps the loots should be in three tiers. (of course the addition of different mods will effect the quality and quantity of loots for which you can not compensate for). For those of us who go out and explore and defend these wonderous works of art that the geniuses are creating should be rewarded.

Hope that helps my weird thinking lol.

Hope you get more patreons as this is a mod worth supporting.

3 years ago

And just to expand a little, if a starting area goes up 600%, whatever that is in actual distance then only default game items, call that tier 1, the next circle of goddies would be default and modmash items say, tier 2. Then the outer ring tier 3 items all other mods. Plus each tier would increase in volume of items in each chest for example.

3 years ago

Already published update.
Reduced if not removed empty chests, the further out you go the more loot in the capsules, more scalar.
Not what but how much of what is also dependent on the distance and total ingredients.
It becomes quite difficult to split out items into different groups so this is why the cost to produce them became a factor.
may need a little more review down the line, been toying with splintering out all the parts of mod-mash so the are separate and distinct and when updating it's easier to focus on that part but a lot of them are interwoven and it can become quite a bit of work.
Too early need coffee and time to process and think of best way to do it.

And thank you for the support.

3 years ago

lol thankyou for your response, hope the coffee is good.

3 years ago

A hard cap of items needs to be put in place of volume of manufactured items needs to be put in place I think lol.. On a test of of loot containers and i have covered more space than the average base size, additional mods of big bags and darkstar utilities tier 32 plus all your extra mods i got over half a million in efficency modules modules lol with a recycling machine i need not mine again lol, and that is just one item lol, granted my stack size in big bags is ramped up to 100. Raw material fine, full stacks etc but manufactoried should be capped between 1 to 100. The containers should be help and not replacement.

3 years ago

just suggesting improvements

3 years ago

oh yes the other thing i notice was that, the majority of items 80% of them when i look through the warehouse of collected goods, was from big bags and darkstar, not much from the default game and/or modmash.

3 years ago

The item selection for is random, initially it was groups of items say production or logistics but then it just became one. Might we splintering look at mor predefined and some random

This thread has been locked.