Modlist UI


Display and share active mods in-game or on stream in one interface. Search, sort, and pin, plus copy tools to export modpack dependencies.

Utilities
10 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
525

i [✅ Done] Mod-Links

11 days ago

Hey there! :)
Cool Mod. Could you please add a feature where the link in the mod info opens the browser to the mod in the background?

11 days ago
(updated 11 days ago)

Unfortunately, the kind of "hyperlink" or "clickable link + open a browser" behavior we are used to seeing, like say: https://mods.factorio.com, present in the game's own Mod Manager and Entity Inspector, is not functionally reproducible by mods. The game engine only exposes a subset of buildable GUI elements that modders have access to.

Factorio engine GUI implementation
        │
        ├── Native game GUIs
        │     ├── Mod browser
        │     ├── Entity inspector
        │     └── etc.
        │
        └── Lua GUI API
              ├── button
              ├── label
              ├── sprite-button
              ├── textfield
              ├── scroll-pane
              └── ...

It's probably a good thing too, because otherwise more nefarious modders could embed dangerous links into enticing looking buttons. Even here with simple markdown I could put [Innocent Link To Google](www.totallynotavirus.xx#embedbitcoinhack) and it would just look like Innocent Link To Google (<- links back to here). Always look at the link preview when hovering over text-links, before clicking.

Believe me though, if it were possible, the mod-links would already be clickable. Best I can do is its current state: an easy text field to easily select & copy the link.

11 days ago

Understood. Thanks for the explanation. :)

Another question: What's the point of clicking the arrow to make this little window pop up? This window randomly lists my installed mods one after the other. What's the purpose of that?
I would have preferred an optional button in the top left corner (like Helmod or Solar Calculator does), because bottom right, in the button area (where copy/paste, Spidertron remote control, blueprints, etc. are), I now have so many buttons (despite removing some!).

10 days ago
(updated 10 days ago)

If you mean the little arrow/play button [▶️], its for the Minilist Widget. It's just supposed to be a fun little feature, with no other purpose than to act as a marquee, listing a random mod one after the other. Much of this mod is geared towards giving streamers the ability to show viewers what mods they are using either actively or passively. You don't need to have it on, just click that [▶️] again to toggle it off.

Clicking the currently listed mod in the Minilist Widget will jump to that mod in the main Modlist UI window.
As for opening Modlist UI's main window normally, I'd suggest getting used to using the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl+Shift+M].

I can't speak for your gameplay style or spread of buttons, but you can change the position of the Minilist Widget to the top-left corner in the Settings Drawer [⚙️], and click on the widget instead to open the Modlist UI window.

10 days ago

I know, of course, that I can leave the Minilist widget disabled; I was just wondering about its function.

What I meant was that the button to open the mod list should be placed in the top left corner instead of the bottom right. It's simply a function that isn't used very often (I dont mean the Minilist Widget you open with this play-button!).

10 days ago
(updated 10 days ago)

I likely won't be making an extra button UI and position just to toggle Modlist UI on and off. This is what the shortcut button area in the bottom-right is for. Again, you can reposition/default-snap the Minilist Widget to the top left corner, and make it a bit smaller, and it will function just the same.

You know you can also toggle off those shortcut buttons you don't want/need or use very often via the 3-dot button? A lot are easily done with keyboard shortcuts, and I would highly advise learning them because its a win-win. Fewer buttons, and its faster than navigating the cursor back and forth.

10 days ago
(updated 10 days ago)

After 1,500 hours of Factorio (1,100 Vanilla and with Space Age), yes, I know this 3-dot-button, that what I meant with "I now have so many buttons (despite removing some!)".

Dont get me wrong: Your mod is handy, but I rarely need it. I have 125 mods installed, and that adds up to a lot of buttons. Even after hiding more than half of them.
You don't want that? No problem. It was just a request. Thank you for your time.

This thread has been locked.