Miniloader

by therax

Compact and UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders. Works with train cargo wagons, circuits, filters, and modded belts from Bob's, Krastorio, FactorioExtended Plus, Space Exploration, and Ultimate Belts.

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

b miniloader direction in editor mode

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

hi,
this bug could be same or related with this: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/miniloader/discussion/60128a9dba88bde39b6bb0cb
when putting a blueprint including miniloaders in editor mode, the direction is messed up sometimes.
reproduce:
- put 2 assemblers within 2+ tile difference, lets say to assemble copper cable and green circuit
- put out-direction miniloader from copper cable assembler and in-direction miniloader to green circuit assembler.
- connect the miniloaders with belts if there is distance left, you can make it in any layout, it does not matter, even no belt is necessary
- create blueprint of this setup, assemblers plus miniloaders.
- use editor mode (/editor command), put the blueprint on any section of map

the copper cable out direction miniloader shall be in-direction now.
I have also seen opposite direction in some cases but above is describing the bug precisely.

do not use creative mode or sth like that. with such modes, the above layout works fine. direction of miniloaders is only messed up in editor mode. you can use creative mode still but disable the cheats then.

regards

example: https://imgur.com/a/pXdaP7S

3 years ago

same for me

2 years ago

Thanks for the report. I hadn't seen this locally because miniloader snapping was hiding the problem.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

yes, I am playing without snapping - it connects by wrong side in my blueprints (not in editor mode), so I have disabled it

2 years ago

Is it working for you in the current version?

2 years ago

I can test it on the weekend only. Sorry

2 years ago

Checked, in editor mode (snapping disabled). Instant blueprint building - enabled.
Result:
Chute-miniloaders ALWAYS directed to from the belt to a loading direction ( =>] )
I have even re-created the blueprint, and saved it in back position to belts ( =<] ), and re-placed it again.
Nothing changed, all chute-miniloaders instant placed in back direction ( =<] ) - from chests to belt direction

2 years ago

Note: In edit mode a time-stop used.

2 years ago

But rotated miniloaders - fixed.

2 years ago

about the wrong direction =>] vs =<] - can it be an another issue?

2 years ago

Yes, I found a problem related to building when time is frozen in the editor. It happens when you build a miniloader from a blueprint during the same game tick as having mined a miniloader, because of logic I'm using to detect when a miniloader is fast-replaced with another type. Until I get a fix you can work around the problem by advancing time (either with the editor controls or by exiting the editor and re-entering it) after mining a miniloader.

2 years ago

got it
well, let's wait for a fix :)

New response