Miniloader

by therax

Compact and UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders. Works with train cargo wagons, circuits, filters, and modded belts from Bob's, Krastorio, FactorioExtended Plus, Space Exploration, and Ultimate Belts.

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

b Loader doesn't follow belt direction when belt is placed by bots

3 years ago

When I place a miniloader and then place a belt in front of it by hand, if the miniloader direction is contrary to the belt, it switches to the correct direction.
For example, when placing a miniloader beside a container, it usually defaults to removing from the container, but if I place a belt connecting to the miniloader going into the container, the loader switches direction, which is the correct behavior.

But, this doesn't apply when the belt is placed by a bot. The belt is placed, but the miniloader doesn't follow the belt direction.

3 years ago

This is expected if you are placing via a blueprint. It should snap to an adjacent belt if you are building a single ghost (via shift-click). Which technique are you using?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I placed a building with a miniloader myself, then placing a belt ghost.

With bluprints some times they bug too.
They usually build it correctly, but a few times I've seen some miniloaders not getting the correct direction.
For example, I have a blueprint for a provider station and a requester station, most of the time, the train loading/unloading miniloaders are correct, but once in a while I catch one or more miniloaders not getting the correct direction.

3 years ago

Could you post the save with the blueprints?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Well, it's been a long time since I last seen a miniloader on a station placed wrongly, I probably did something wrong the other times.

But, the miniloaders still doesn't follow the belt direction when the belt is placed by bots.
You don't need a save file to check this.

Steps to reproduce:
1 - Put a chest/building on the ground by hand
2 - Place 2 miniloaders on it by hand
--------- (both miniloaders will default to extracting from the building/chest)
3 - Place by hand a belt going into one of the miniloaders in the direction of the building
--------- (the miniloader will flip to insert into the building/chest)
4 - Place a belt ghost going into the same building/chest on the other miniloader and wait for a bot to place it
--------- (the miniloader won't flip and will still be trying to extract from the building/chest, even though the belt is trying to push into the building)

2 years ago

So... did you try what I sent before?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AqsH-dwFq4gxLeXLhDIgCG4X4JvrIlBt/view?usp=sharing

Look at the linked image.
This is the problem I'm describing here.

Both miniloaders were placed by me.
Both were trying to remove items from that box.

The belt on the left I placed manually.
After placing it, the miniloader changed direction to input on the box, as expected.

The belt on the bottom was placed by bots. (I just put down a belt ghost.
After placing it, the miniloader stays the same way, even thought the belt is going in the direction of the box...

2 years ago

So... did you try what I sent before?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AqsH-dwFq4gxLeXLhDIgCG4X4JvrIlBt/view?usp=sharing

Look at the linked image.
This is the problem I'm describing here.

Both miniloaders were placed by me.
Both were trying to remove items from that box.

The belt on the left I placed manually.
After placing it, the miniloader changed direction to input on the box, as expected.

The belt on the bottom was placed by bots. (I just put down a belt ghost).
After placing it, the miniloader stays the same way, even thought the belt is going in the direction of the box...

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Okay, I understand what you're getting at now. The snapping feature doesn't include snapping to a belt ghost, nor snapping to a belt ghost when it is built by a robot. Only snapping to an actual belt when the belt or adjacent miniloader is built by the player directly.

I will add a new feature that when a player places a miniloader or miniloader ghost, they will try to snap to any adjacent belt ghosts that exist, and that placing a belt ghost will snap a connected miniloader to that new ghost.

New response