Miniloader

by therax

Compact and UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders. Works with train cargo wagons, circuits, filters, and modded belts from Bob's, Krastorio, FactorioExtended Plus, Space Exploration, and Ultimate Belts.

Content
7 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Logistics

g more improvements for performance

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

hi therax,

i've been doing some testing of various inserter configurations for miniloader strictly from a UPS perspective, and secondary concerns to consistency.

in the least optimized test case of infinity chest -> miniloader -> belt -> miniloader -> infinity chest (void):

• with blue express miniloader (45/sec), the Lock stack sizes option does not greatly impact performance, this might be due to some internal engine changes since my testing on 0.18. I haven't tested this with the map I was using at that time, which had much faster miniloaders (~180/sec).

• Disabling ElectricNetwork usage is the easiest way to knock 1.5ms off of my contrived test map.

• chases_belt_items = false, reduces the minimum UPS consumed by miniloader by 1ms, does not change the maximum, and increases the average UPS by .5ms.

• combining chases_belt_items = false with unlocked hand stack size gives the best performance despite increasing avg by .3ms, the minimum is reduced by 2ms.

New response