Miniloader (Redux)


UPS-friendly 1x1 loaders.

Content
14 days ago
2.0 - 2.1
22.7K
Logistics

i Loading to the other side of belts

a month ago

Hello,

I remember the old miniloaders would load items on the further side of connected belt, that allowed more compact solutions.
Is there a possibility of implementing this as checkbox in mod settings?

Screenshot can be seen here: https://imgur.com/a/FkIDKpi

15 days ago
(updated 15 days ago)

Turn off speed mode. :-)

15 days ago
(updated 15 days ago)

I might be doing something wrong, but i really think it is:
https://imgur.com/a/Y3uw7Cm

I have tested it even with no other mods on.

14 days ago

Ok, I think I understand what you mean. The screenshot is not from the miniloader redux mod, there is no tier in the vanilla game that uses a gray belt and loader (brown, yellow, red, blue and green).

The miniloaders have never dropped items to the far side of the belt. I went to great lengths to ensure that they only drop off on the near side (next to the loader). So you may think of another mod.

However, I did look at the loaders closer and I fixed a couple bugs (they tended to pick up from the far side from a perpendicular belt which they should not) and some reconfiguration problems.

Sorry, that I can not be more helpful; it could be implemented but it would destroy the illusion of the loaders a bit (which are supposed to be actual loaders, not inserters in a trenchcoat), so I will most likely not do that.

14 days ago

Please dont mind the grey belt, thats from Bobs mod. My game says that the gray Chute actually is from your mod. But I tested it with Yellow ones too, so there should be no difference.

Im pretty sure the old miniloader mod for Factorio 1.0 did drop items only to far side of the perpendicular belt. I remember using them for easy loading full belt from one side of it by alternating with normal belt. as picture shows:
https://imgur.com/a/4K6mPs8

But hey, take this as a suggestion for mod setting checkbox that is turned off by default. I would use it :)

12 days ago

Ah. You said "tested with no other mods on". Yes, Bob's adds a grey tier.

The 1.0 miniloader was done by someone else, so I can't really vouch for that.

New response