Lex's Aircraft

by lexsus

Your attention is presented to the futuristic VTOL aircraft that are well suited to the style of the game. The mod includes aircraft: transport, light combat, heavy combat.

Content
11 months ago
Transportation Combat

i Aircraft Movement Controls

1 year, 8 months ago

Hi Lex, I love your mod! I understand one of the primary aims for creating this mod was to have the movement controls as it is, but would it be very hard to provide an option to control the plane more the car? More than 5,000 people love your mod and there is no alternative with this level of refinement. You would make a lot of people very happy by providing this option :)

1 year, 8 months ago

you know what? It took me just a minute to get used to your control scheme and I'm starting to like it.

thanks so much for your mod! it makes the game so much better.

1 year, 8 months ago

Hello! thanks for the feedback!
I'm glad you liked the mod. And indeed I did this mod for the sake of control. I don't really like driving car transport in Factorio :P

Xorimuth ☆
1 year, 8 months ago

Funnily enough, I think it would be possible to go back to something close to car movement mechanics with mod scripting, whilst keeping the spidertron type (which gives you individual colouring, logistics, auto-firing, etc). I had a go at implementing it as part of Spidertron Enhancements, but I ran into an issue which requires an API addition to fix. I think that it might be being added soon, so maybe I'll be able to finish it in a future version of Factorio.

1 year, 8 months ago

hello, actually it's quite an interesting topic, reconfiguration of control. By the way, I watched the Vehicle Physics mod of the car, where the car was given physical properties. And perhaps using this it would be possible to achieve a smoother movement of the aircraft based on the machine. But personally, it is very convenient for me that the spider throne is controlled similarly to the character. And then when you exit the car, you have to reconfigure your brain and hands to a different control).

Xorimuth, I would like to ask you. I wanted to make a separate render with an animation of the blades and an animation of the glow of a jet engine. but I can not understand in which direction to dig. I watched the Helicopter mod, and as far as I understand, the animation is made by overlaying several entities. but damn it, this can be too complicated for me to understand

Xorimuth ☆
1 year, 8 months ago

Yep adding separate animations is not going to be straightforward.

You could probably do it with scripted animations (https://lua-api.factorio.com/latest/LuaRendering.html#LuaRendering.draw_animation), which wouldn’t have been possible when Helicopters was made. That’s what this new mod (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/steamtrain) does to add animations to the wheels.

New response