Uses energy from your equipment as ammo

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Combat

i Suggestions

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Exactly what I dreamed about, wonderful mod, thanks a lot! I prefer it over the Schall's rechargeable weapons. Like the loading mechanics more in your mod, as it seem more realistic IMO.

Just few suggestions:

1) The projectile graphics suggests it is a plasma rifle. I think it would be better to either rename the gun (and mod itself) to "Plasma rifle" or change the graphics to vanilla's laser beam-type.

2) The charger for the rifle has a placeholder-like image. As I understand it should represent a high-voltage converter since lasers are fed from this type of devices (see "Laser Power Supply" units). Something like this:
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSauRgUdJcCAYa_nXQ-t2srASk9v2Z2UKHifPEKdDgL4UJLhuDo

3) As a first-time experience viewpoint I had a confusion once I crafted the rifle and placed in the inventory since it has no ammo. It was not obvious enough to understand that the charger had to be built as well. Maybe it would make sense to merge both craftings costs so that the crafting would produce both rifle and the charger at the same time (two-items-output type of the recipe)? Is it possible? Would it make more sense?

4 years ago

3) you need multiple chargers depending on your laser level and shooting speed so the merged recipe makes no sense
2) i'm only using public domain / cc images for my mods, so it's kinda hard to find good images
1) it's impossible to rename the mod id, so i'd rather stay with the current name

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

1) So why not to change the beam mechanics to vanilla's laser turrets? Just blue/white color for rays to separate the appearance?
3) I am not saying merging both recipes into one and get rid of individual ones, I am only suggesting to tweak the laser rifle recipe so that the rifle goes in package with 1 charger, while additional chargers can be crafted separately. Because crafting the rifle alone makes no sense and it is a potential source of confusion since the concept of charger for ammo is new to the game.

4 years ago

1) I like the current appearance, with beams you'd also notice that the weapon and the beam wouldn't line up.
3) Good idea, i'll add that.

New response