3) As a first-time experience viewpoint I had a confusion once I crafted the rifle and placed in the inventory since it has no ammo. It was not obvious enough to understand that the charger had to be built as well. Maybe it would make sense to merge both craftings costs so that the crafting would produce both rifle and the charger at the same time (two-items-output type of the recipe)? Is it possible? Would it make more sense?
3) you need multiple chargers depending on your laser level and shooting speed so the merged recipe makes no sense
2) i'm only using public domain / cc images for my mods, so it's kinda hard to find good images
1) it's impossible to rename the mod id, so i'd rather stay with the current name
1) So why not to change the beam mechanics to vanilla's laser turrets? Just blue/white color for rays to separate the appearance?
3) I am not saying merging both recipes into one and get rid of individual ones, I am only suggesting to tweak the laser rifle recipe so that the rifle goes in package with 1 charger, while additional chargers can be crafted separately. Because crafting the rifle alone makes no sense and it is a potential source of confusion since the concept of charger for ammo is new to the game.