Lambent Nil

A Nullius extension that integrates phosphorus chemistry and extends the electronics production chain. Phosphorus is mined from phosphorite and used in electronics and biochemistry. This mod follows Nullius's style of richly interacting intermediates, byproducts, and alternative recipes.

Content
7 months ago
Mining Fluids Manufacturing

b Crash because of wrong recipe result specification

1 year, 1 month ago

I've received a crash report for one of my mods. Turns out the crash happens because your mod is using strings instead of numbers for the amount of some fluid recipe results. You should fix the following lines in data/recipe.lua:

$ ugrep -n "amount=\""
data/recipe.lua:153:      {type="fluid", name="nullius-carbon-monoxide", amount="100"}
data/recipe.lua:188:      {type="fluid", name="nullius-carbon-monoxide", amount="20"}
data/recipe.lua:225:      {type="fluid", name="nullius-carbon-monoxide", amount="100"}
data/recipe.lua:368:      {type="fluid", name="nullius-wastewater", amount="30"}
data/recipe.lua:391:      {type="fluid", name="nullius-wastewater", amount="150"}
$
1 year, 1 month ago

Update: While the behavior is undocumented, using a string that can be translated to a number will work. However, according to Rseding91, this is a remnant from long ago and has already been removed for Factorio 1.2, so you should definitely fix this to prevent crashes in future versions. :-)

1 year, 1 month ago

Thank you for the clear bug report. I have changed the strings to numbers and uploaded a new release.

1 year, 1 month ago

Great, it's working now! However, I've found another little bug:

401.196 Error CachedChangelog.cpp:37: Failed to parse changelog for mod Lambent Nil: invalid changelog file, error on line 27, line does not start with exactly '    - ' or exactly '      '.

The line in question is the (apparently) empty line right before the 0.0.3 block. It's not really empty but contains 4 spaces. No spaces or exactly 6 would be OK, 4 are not -- the changelog parser is rather finicky. :-) I've found that setting my editor to remove trailing spaces on saving has been quite helpful in regard to this kind of bugs (trailing spaces after lines like " Changes:" is another one).

1 year, 1 month ago

I've fixed that so that the changelog is readable in-game. I'll include it in the next update.

1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks! Take your time, no need to push an update just for the changelog. :-D

New response