Implements a janky version of Factorio Space Age quality

Content
a month ago
Manufacturing

b [Fixed] Crash with Warptorio2

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Hi!
First of all: thank you for your (awesome) mod! I'm having a lot of fun with it!

So, I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, but I can't get Warptorio2 to work with Janky Quality.
I don't know either if you have any plan on supporting it, so if you don't please disregard this post.

I'm getting this error when trying to load both mods with a minimal install (only dependencies):

Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Error in assignID: entity with name 'gun-turret-quality-2-quality-2' does not exist.
Source: warptorio-physdmg-1 (technology).

base 1.1.104
flib 0.13.0
janky-quality 0.1.32
planetorio 0.1.5
warptorio2 1.3.10

I'm just posting this here so you can keep track of it, but please don't feel obligated to fix it!
Thank you again!

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

So, I managed to fix the loading. But I'm not sure that didn't broke anything beside it...

In prototypes/technologies.lua:L9:

if effect.type == "turret-attack" and not libq.forbids_quality(effect.turret_id) then

replaced by:

if effect.type == "turret-attack" and not libq.forbids_quality(effect.turret_id) and not libq.find_quality(effect.turret_id) then

Loads fine, can play, research_all_technologies().
It probably need more testing, but from the look of it it work.
The problem was technology.effects could lead to duplication issues.
Hope this help!

2 months ago

Btw, if anyone want to mess with it, add this string in Janky quality mod settings 'Items to disable quality for':

warptorio-reactor-1,warptorio-reactor-2,warptorio-reactor-3,warptorio-reactor-4,warptorio-reactor-5,warptorio-reactor-6,warptorio-reactor-7,warptorio-reactor-8,warptorio-beacon-1,warptorio-beacon-2,warptorio-beacon-3,warptorio-beacon-4,warptorio-beacon-5,warptorio-beacon-6,warptorio-beacon-7,warptorio-beacon-8,warptorio-beacon-9,warptorio-beacon-10,warptorio-harvestportal-0,warptorio-harvestportal-1,warptorio-harvestportal-2,warptorio-harvestportal-3,warptorio-harvestportal-4,warptorio-harvestportal-5,warptorio-harvestpad-nw,warptorio-harvestpad-sw,warptorio-harvestpad-ne,warptorio-harvestpad-se,warptorio-harvestpad-west-1,warptorio-harvestpad-west-2,warptorio-harvestpad-west-3,warptorio-harvestpad-west-4,warptorio-harvestpad-west-5,warptorio-harvestpad-west-6,warptorio-harvestpad-east-1,warptorio-harvestpad-east-2,warptorio-harvestpad-east-3,warptorio-harvestpad-east-4,warptorio-harvestpad-east-5,warptorio-harvestpad-east-6,warptorio-harvestpad-tag-1,warptorio-harvestpad-tag-2,warptorio-harvestpad-tag-3,warptorio-harvestpad-tag-4,warptorio-harvestpad-tag-5,warptorio-harvestpad-tag-6,warptorio-teleporter-0,warptorio-teleporter-1,warptorio-teleporter-2,warptorio-teleporter-3,warptorio-teleporter-4,warptorio-teleporter-5,warptorio-teleporter-gate-0,warptorio-teleporter-gate-1,warptorio-teleporter-gate-2,warptorio-teleporter-gate-3,warptorio-teleporter-gate-4,warptorio-teleporter-gate-5,warptorio-underground-0,warptorio-underground-1,warptorio-underground-2,warptorio-underground-3,warptorio-underground-4,warptorio-underground-5,warptorio-mining-prod-1,warptorio-mining-prod-2,warptorio-mining-prod-3,warptorio-mining-prod-4,warptorio-mining-prod-5,warptorio-mining-prod-6,warptorio-mining-prod-7,warptorio-mining-prod-8,warptorio-mining-prod-9,warptorio-mining-prod-10,warptorio-mining-prod-11,warptorio-mining-prod-12,warptorio-mining-prod-13,warptorio-mining-prod-14,warptorio-mining-prod-15,warptorio-mining-prod-16,warptorio-mining-prod-17,warptorio-mining-prod-18,warptorio-mining-prod-19,warptorio-mining-prod-20,warptorio-mining-prod-21,warptorio-mining-prod-22,warptorio-mining-prod-23,warptorio-mining-prod-24,warptorio-mining-prod-25,warptorio-axe-speed-1,warptorio-axe-speed-2,warptorio-axe-speed-3,warptorio-axe-speed-4,warptorio-axe-speed-5,warptorio-axe-speed-6,warptorio-axe-speed-7,warptorio-axe-speed-8,warptorio-axe-speed-9,warptorio-axe-speed-10,warptorio-inserter-cap-1,warptorio-inserter-cap-2,warptorio-inserter-cap-3,warptorio-inserter-cap-4,warptorio-inserter-cap-5,warptorio-bot-speed-1,warptorio-bot-speed-2,warptorio-bot-speed-3,warptorio-bot-speed-4,warptorio-bot-speed-5,warptorio-bot-cap-1,warptorio-bot-cap-2,warptorio-bot-cap-3,warptorio-bot-cap-4,warptorio-bot-cap-5,warptorio-physdmg-1,warptorio-physdmg-2,warptorio-physdmg-3,warptorio-toolbelt-1,warptorio-toolbelt-2,warptorio-toolbelt-3,warptorio-toolbelt-4,warptorio-toolbelt-5,warptorio-reach-1,warptorio-reach-2,warptorio-reach-3,warptorio-reach-4,warptorio-reach-5,warptorio-striders-1,warptorio-striders-2,warptorio-platform-size-1,warptorio-platform-size-2,warptorio-platform-size-3,warptorio-platform-size-4,warptorio-platform-size-5,warptorio-platform-size-6,warptorio-platform-size-7,warptorio-rail-nw,warptorio-rail-ne,warptorio-rail-se,warptorio-rail-sw,warptorio-turret-nw-0,warptorio-turret-nw-1,warptorio-turret-nw-2,warptorio-turret-nw-3,warptorio-turret-ne-0,warptorio-turret-ne-1,warptorio-turret-ne-2,warptorio-turret-ne-3,warptorio-turret-se-0,warptorio-turret-se-1,warptorio-turret-se-2,warptorio-turret-se-3,warptorio-turret-sw-0,warptorio-turret-sw-1,warptorio-turret-sw-2,warptorio-turret-sw-3,warptorio-bridgesize-1,warptorio-bridgesize-2,warptorio-factory-0,warptorio-factory-1,warptorio-factory-2,warptorio-factory-3,warptorio-factory-4,warptorio-factory-5,warptorio-factory-6,warptorio-factory-7,warptorio-factory-n,warptorio-factory-s,warptorio-factory-e,warptorio-factory-w,warptorio-boiler-0,warptorio-boiler-1,warptorio-boiler-2,warptorio-boiler-3,warptorio-boiler-4,warptorio-boiler-5,warptorio-boiler-6,warptorio-boiler-7,warptorio-boiler-water-1,warptorio-boiler-water-2,warptorio-boiler-water-3,warptorio-boiler-n,warptorio-boiler-s,warptorio-boiler-e,warptorio-boiler-w,warptorio-harvester-floor,warptorio-harvester-size-1,warptorio-harvester-size-2,warptorio-harvester-size-3,warptorio-harvester-size-4,warptorio-harvester-size-5,warptorio-harvester-size-6,warptorio-harvester-size-7,warptorio-harvester-east-1,warptorio-harvester-east-2,warptorio-harvester-east-3,warptorio-harvester-east-4,warptorio-harvester-east-5,warptorio-harvester-west-1,warptorio-harvester-west-2,warptorio-harvester-west-3,warptorio-harvester-west-4,warptorio-harvester-west-5,warptorio-logistics-1,warptorio-logistics-2,warptorio-logistics-3,warptorio-logistics-4,warptorio-dualloader-1,warptorio-triloader,warptorio-energy-1,warptorio-energy-2,warptorio-energy-3,warptorio-energy-4,warptorio-energy-5,warptorio-teleporter-portal,warptorio-armor,warptorio-warparmor-grid,warptorio-toolbar,warp-tile-concrete,warptorio-red-concrete,warptorio-invisradar,warptorio-lootchest,warptorio-carebear-chest,warptorio-warponium-fuel-cell,warptorio-warponium-fuel,warptorio-reactor,warptorio-warpmodule,warptorio-warpnuke,warptorio-stabilizer,warptorio-accelerator,warptorio-charting,warptorio-homeworld,warptorio-kovarex,warptorio-boiler-station,warptorio-accumulator,warptorio-warpstation,warptorio-atomic-bomb,warptorio-combinator,warptorio-alt-combinator,warptorio-heatpipe,warptorio-logistics-pipe,warptorio-townportal,warptorio-homeportal,warptorio-warploader,warptorio-warpport

(This list is unfiltered. There's probably some things that doesn't need to be in.)

2 months ago

Hmm... the double -quality-quality is usually an bug where I forget to copy some table.

The turret-attack code is relatively new, so it doesn't surprise me there are still issues with some big mods.

As for the list, it's not usually required to write all the items, if those items are in a unique group or subgroup, as those can be used instead. But in this case it seems to be technologies.

I'll take a look, it shouldn't be a big issue to fix. Will update when it's done.

2 months ago

OK looks like Warptorio is using the same table for the effects on several technologies, so I actually apply them multiple times.

Your solution is OK, but I want to see if there's a more robust way to handle this.

2 months ago

Fixed for next version

2 months ago

Thank you very much for taking the time to take a look at this! You're awesome!

New response