Janky quality (BETA)

Implements a janky version of Factorio Space Age quality

Content
a month ago
Manufacturing

b [NotABug] Game hangs indefinitely on researching Quality Module 1

2 months ago

As in the title, Quality Module 1 just finished researching and now the game is non-responsive. I've let it just do its thing for about five minutes now, but it's full-on frozen still.

2 months ago

I removed some mods and when the research completed it didn't hang this time.
The mods in question were more walls and filter chests, not sure what interaction caused it to freeze.

2 months ago

I can't seem to find "more walls". But it definitely could be a massive amount of items. You could set those items to NoQuality in the options.

2 months ago

Ah, my bad. It was Reinforced Walls: https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Reinforced-Walls

2 months ago

I have Filter Chests, Reinforced Walls and JQ installed. Researched quality module 1 and it worked fine.

If you have a save file that could help.

2 months ago

Unfortunately I don't.
It hung permanently again when I researched Quality Module 2, so it's probably just a bulk thing.

I disabled a few more mods such as Fluid Permutations, which probably added a tonne of recipes to the list, and now while it hitches it doesn't hang indefinitely.

2 months ago

I got it to do it again, this time upon researching Quality Module 3. How do I upload a save?

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Okay, I can definitely confirm it's either a bulk thing or some sort of script interaction (for this save):
With Fluid Permutations active, the game completely locks up.
Deactivating Fluid Permutations before the research finishes, the game barely pauses.
REactivating Fluid Permutations after the research finishes, the game is still fine.

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

Fluid permutations adds a ton of recipes. Researching quality modules causes a lot of recipes to be unlocked. There's an issue in the game engine (to be fixed in 2.0) with furnace recipes which makes unlocking them very slow.

If you want a 2.0-ish experience, consider setting Fluid permutations to "simple mode" which only creates reversed ingredients rather than full permutations.

2 months ago

It seems it's something script related. Even with FP set to simple, it hangs for me. Swapping to GDIW completely solved the issue.

New response