Janky quality (BETA)

Implements a janky version of Factorio Space Age quality

Content
a month ago
Manufacturing

g Recycler Size and Steel

4 months ago

I've been thoroughly enjoying your high-quality mod in creative mode as I work on preparing some blueprints for the upcoming expansion. I and I can only imagine the amount of time and effort you've invested in it.

I have one small feature request that I'd like to discuss with you. I was wondering if it would be possible to add a resizing option for the assembler and allow it to dump its output onto a belt, similar to how miners do it. If enabling it to directly dump onto the belt isn't feasible, perhaps reducing its size by one tile could make it compatible with loaders, thereby simulating the recycling process more accurately for the upcoming space age. This would be fantastic, as it would enhance the interchangeability of blueprints designed for the "space age" phase.

Additionally, I think I may have come across a bug in your mod: it appears that steel isn't being properly recycled into iron plates.

Thanks again Soul-Burn

4 months ago

Dumping onto a belt is not trivial, as it's not currently a built-in feature in the game (will be in 2.0). It's possible with some hacky methods (in line with janky ;).
Sizing shouldn't be too hard, but it's not trivial because of the animations.

Steel is a smelting recipe, and therefore recycles onto itself. This is as it will be in the expansion.
The only items that recycle into ingredients recipes in the "crafting" subcategories, those made in assembling machines, and only if it's their main recipe.

New response