Janky quality (BETA)

Implements a janky version of Factorio Space Age quality

Content
a month ago
Manufacturing

g [Fixed] Are quality module miners craftable?

5 months ago

In editor I can see both tiered ores, and quality module mining drills, but I can't seem to find a way to craft the drills? Is this intentional or am I missing something?

5 months ago

And same with chemical plants. I've noticed that if you are in editor and open the window on an assembler, it will say "not researched" but all research has been completed.

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

Thank you for this mod it's quite great of you to make it before 2.0 for us factorio fiends :)

But uh, same question(s) as above.

Yet to put my finger or gather logs but have had a few crashes and also a few moments of game freezing entirely for 20s.
Not many other mods loaded and just play testing with /editor and working out the mechanics :)

"AutoDeconstruct",
"Better-Beginning",
flib
"HandyHandsCommunity",
"MaxRateCalculator",
black-market-2 was the cluprit for 20s pause during game. Initial mod load seems to take 20s or so when first launching a save, very weird.

5 months ago

MrEktidd, I figured out if you read the 'tips' in game for the mod it tells you how to convert drills by just selecting your quality module annd click/drag the drills you want to upgrade... oopsy...

That solves the 'quality' drill/chem plant problem :D

5 months ago

The way to create machines with with quality modules is to have the modules in hand, and drag a box with them over the machines. Dragging with right-click removes modules.

It's explained on the mod page, in the mod page images, in the in-game tips, and on the tooltip for the quality modules. I hoped this will be enough places to learn this from.

If you want to place them down with bots, you need to use the "programming" recipes, available in crafting machines.

As for the 20s thing, it happens when you start using the mod for the first on an existing save, or upgraded from some version.
The time it takes is actually a bug in the game which was solved for Factorio 2.0 :)

New response