Inbuilt Lighting

Adds free lighting to power poles and optionally turrets as a QOL feature. Intended for map/zoomed out view and streaming/YouTube pre night vision. Blueprint friendly as they are regular power poles.

Tweaks
7 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Implimented - Add the option to force researching Inbuilt Lighting before it is enabled.

5 years ago

Would it be possible to do this? And make the existing light research a prerequisite?
Thank you for this mod.

5 years ago

It's certainly possible to have the option to require technology research to unlock it.

I guess my question is why do you want a cost to enable a purely quality of life mod?
I ask as there is the popular Lighted Electric Poles + mod that has a cost of crafting lighted power poles and forces power usage of lights to produce a "balanced" game feature. https://mods.factorio.com/mod/LightedPolesPlus

I have intentionally avoided overlapping with this mod in the past and so want to understand your view.

5 years ago

Because this mod doesn't add new power poles. I believe the other one does.

5 years ago

correct the other mod has separate power poles so it doesn't force you to use more expensive power poles.

looking at other researches around this level the cost would be like 30 red pots given its purely a QOL unlock and not factory benefiting?

5 years ago

Sounds good. I don't mind paying extra.
Thanks.

5 years ago

added as part of 17.1.5
has temporary research graphic as I'm not sure what to use at this point that fits the main game art style

5 years ago

Thanks.

New response