Homeworld Redux

by Silari

Supply resources to your homeworld so that civilization can be restored. Update of Homeworld mod, originally by ljdp

Content
1 year, 10 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining Manufacturing

b Need Tracker not updated

3 years ago

So you have two of them, but one of them isn't updating? I'll take a look into the code for those.

If you rebuild the one that isn't working, do both of them work properly?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I seems the problem is not only on the need tracker, it is also on belt throughput.
If I place the entities with a blueprint or paste/copy the entity ist not updated.

3 years ago

Sounds like it's not catching the build events properly to see that it needs to update stuff. That's all old code, so it's quite possible changes in Factorio's events means it's missing some cases.

Playing with it myself, copy/pasting with robots works fine, but using creative mode with the instant blueprint option enabled doesn't. That uses the script_raised_revive event which isn't caught, so I'll need to add that. Are you running any mods that change how things are built, or doing this in editor mode?

3 years ago

admins on the server can enable instant blueprint option. I can't check right now because of an error in Bio Industries

3 years ago

Update on this: Factorio doesn't give the event info needed to handle this easily (the event only gives you the ghost entity that was revived, not the real entity it creates which is what Homeworld needs), and I'm not sure if it's worth the potentially CPU intensive workaround to resolve this.

For now, the advice is to rebuild normally anything that was built with scripts, including instant blueprinting, and I'll look into finding a good way to handle it.

3 years ago

I have played through Homeworld, so for me it is not urgent to fix this.
Don't use CPU intensive workarounds.
Thank you for your support.

New response