Homeworld Redux

by Silari

Supply resources to your homeworld so that civilization can be restored. Update of Homeworld mod, originally by ljdp

Content
1 year, 11 months ago
0.15 - 1.1
Mining Manufacturing

g Well that was disappointing.

6 years ago

Sorry, but after standing there for 3 hours with the game speed set to 1000, waiting for Tier 7 to complete, I'm thoroughly disappointed. I had expected something, interesting, but none of this even matches the game's artistic style or gameplay aspects of any kind, its just a "side quest", which is what it feels like, and hardly rewarding or even fun. It feels too, bleh. Like it hadn't been thought out.

Tier 7 was just the total killer for me, it did nothing whatsoever gaining it. Literally nothing. Not to mention, Tier 6 is self stable, there's nothing you need to do once you've supplied a few thousand phones. Silly you need to send phones anyway.

I can't really think of a way to improve my review of this mod any more, to give you ideas on how to improve this, but the artistic style was one of the killers for me, it stuck out like a sore thumb in the game.

I guess I'll look around for an alternate mod, or make one, something that allows me to send stuff to home world in trade for other stuff, who knows. I do appreciate the work you put into it, its just, I think you should improve the gains from this, make it worth actually doing, and add risk to it, so that you don't just ignore your home world till you're already doing well on your own.

Also, add a button to the top corner like all other mods do so we don't have to find a cell phone or go stand next to a portal in order to see homeworld stats.

Thats all I can say for now, I hope my input will serve useful in some way. Feel free to come poke me on my discord if you wish.
https://discord.gg/AqM54kn

6 years ago

If you literally got nothing for tier 7, then you're on an older version of the mod. You should at least get a) the notification you earned tier 7, b) a win message, and c) a reward like every tier gives you.

If you want to run the latest version you need to be on the 0.16 experimental version of factorio.

As for the rest, I'm working on a post about planned changes. As noted, I didn't write this mod I just decided on a whim to update it because someone asked. The GUI is one of them - it wasn't really a common thing back when this mod was made. There's already code to do it on the old git from a submission, I just need to rework it for 0.16.

6 years ago

I didn't get a reward, but then I had multiple portals all near deep water so I'm not sure what happened.

I got ideas on stuff I'd like to do but I'd certainly need more modders to help and such. Might have an artist already who can do stuff in the same style as the game but don't know yet. :P She made the light in my soon to be updated light mod.

New response