Hard crafting

by judos

Modifies vanilla crafting and smelting to be much trickier, you will need better planning and more clever setup

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

i I am making a modpack,and this is my change thatcould be part of new version of this mod

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I am doing a modpack with this mod and k2se,because I really love this mod and I really really want this mod be in the modpack,
so I just do too much that I think maybe some of it can be part of new version I supposed:

0.some tweaking

make burner assembler and assembler 1 can handling fluid.
remove incinerator,or just split to another mod or add a option to not enable it.
long handed burner inserter
every inserter is filter inserter
no splliter before electricity

pile of gravel removed
gravel -(furnace)-> stone tablet
stone  -(furnace)-> brick
5 stone tablet -> brick
brick -> 5 stone tablet

rich-iron-ore -(furnace)-> iron-plate + iron-ore
iron-ore -(furnace)-> iron-plate + iron-slag
iron-slag -(furnace)-> nothing
iron-nugget -(furnace)-> iron-plate

rich-copper-ore -(furnace)-> copper-plate + copper-ore
copper-ore -(furnace)-> copper-plate + copper-slag
copper-slag -(furnace)-> nothing

--the slag void recipe can be really long so you have to think again to do this voiding recipe

1.slag crushing

iron-slag -(crusher)-> some% crushed-iron
crushed-iron -(furnace)-> iron-plate + iron-slag

copper-slag -(crusher)-> some%x50% copper-dust + some%x50% copper-sulfat
copper-dust + sulfur-dust -> copper-sulfat
copper-sulfat -> copper-dust + sulfur-dust
copper-dust -> copper-plate

2.general crushing
now give more output thorough burning crushed-iron that produce extra slag

rich-iron-ore -(crusher)-> crushed-iron + iron-ore
iron-ore-(crusher)-> crushed-iron + iron-slag

rich-copper-ore -(crusher)-> 50% copper-dust + 50% copper-sulfat + copper-ore
copper-ore -(crusher)-> 50% copper-dust + 50% copper-sulfat + copper-slag

3.pulverzing and chemical process
no filter after furnace,but it still took a loop(rare-metal need to be burn again so you can loop rare in the setup,and you may need to keep it in certain amount)

rare-metal+crushed-iron -(crusher)->raw-rare-metal + pulverized-iron + iron-slag
pulverized-iron -(furnace)-> iron-plate

sulfur+water -(chemical-plant)> sulfur+water + %sulfuric acid
copper-sulfat + water -(chemical-plant)-> copper-plate + sulfuric acid
--so if you do copper-sulfat then you gonna get stable sulfuric acid output

4.big processing machine

gravel+ [input] -> dirt + [output] +10% iron-nugget
water+ [input] -> dirty-water + [output] +10%copper-sulfat

and dirt still can be seprate and still output some water,so if you do space mining then you can actually get some water in the process,
and doing the dirty water then you got a way to convert to more iron or even convert it to other type of ore

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

oh here the crusher I mean both crusher and pulverzer,
but crusher is burner,while pulverzer is electric powered,
but pulverzer work slower and use more power

ixu β˜†
2 years ago

I like your ideas. Cann't wait to see it. Why not creating a HardCrafting3-mod?
My comments:
- I played HC2 a lot and I never had to use the incinerator (except at very first games). Actually I hate it.
- So also slag destruction is actually not necessary. It can be removed completely.
- I especially like the circular processes. There could be more (but not to much more!)
If you decide to do HC3, I can help you a bit. For instance by playing it.

2 years ago

My comments:
- I played HC2 a lot and I never had to use the incinerator (except at very first games). Actually I hate it.
- So also slag destruction is actually not necessary. It can be removed completely.
- I especially like the circular processes. There could be more (but not to much more!)

I am current still working on modpack tech tree,so I haven`t really think how it should be in vanilla tech tree...
but if I made a prototype then I will inform you :>

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

My comments:

it is gonna happen soon

2 years ago

this is experimental version,only recipe,no any technology limitation,no setting adjustable,and with limited support with aai-industry
version 1.9.0
https://mega.nz/file/trJQ0LQL#9XWCgVNFQzDMWK0He4BBUXNoO3PZqmvlAaapmhmVRtw

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

this is version 1.9.1,meant to make it playable with other mods.(for example aai,k2,space exploration,and can be extended if needed.)
https://mega.nz/file/onYjQRqD#C1g_woUStQx3yHO6uSn7dUnHQXatFL50KQnRsT3dVaw
also small change like dried dirt voiding and create the void recipe icon,so it can be much easier to getting hand on it.

2 years ago

this is version 1.9.2
https://mega.nz/file/tj5EwISS#6Agah6v8vK6AhOjY_Cjazh_lab07Q-mRLBWVf33ja1Q
now it is contained technology,and some tweaking recipe so you wont feel weird when install aai and k2,
like when to get electricity,automation core or green circuit,these thing are solved in this version.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)
2 years ago

version 1.9.4
add support for pyhightech
add infomation for these upgrade

download:
https://mega.nz/file/Vi4jySRK#nYva6jCh3ilgZabO_Vrg9ywoCCSsi07zlOSHU6wiijg

2 years ago

My comments:

what is HC2? How do you think about the version 1.9.4 ?

ixu β˜†
2 years ago

HC2 is hardcrafing 2, the current hardcrafting. When I took it over it was already HC2.
Concerning testing your version, I am very busy at the moment. So I have no time for mod testing (even not for playing). Therefore I suggest you to create a new mod called Hardcrafting 3.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

HC2 is hardcrafing 2, the current hardcrafting. When I took it over it was already HC2.
Concerning testing your version, I am very busy at the moment. So I have no time for mod testing (even not for playing). Therefore I suggest you to create a new mod called Hardcrafting 3.

Can I publish it in public domain,or keep it as is in MIT?

ixu β˜†
2 years ago

Oh, I don't know. I just used the variant the former author used. I guess you better should ask him. For me it would be ok.

2 years ago

Oh, I don't know. I just used the variant the former author used. I guess you better should ask him. For me it would be ok.

I think I will publish it in MIT..but I will declear something is in public domain :>

New response