Hard crafting

by judos

Modifies vanilla crafting and smelting to be much trickier, you will need better planning and more clever setup

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1

g 0.5 and the removal of the Dirt+Stone -> Gravel recipe [Question solved]

7 years ago

Hello, Judos. I love your mod, it has completely reinvigorated playing "vanilla" Factorio for me. It reminds me of the IndustrialCraft2 (Experimental) ore processing chain... but better.

I recently updated to Hardcrafting 0.5, and I'm enjoying most of the changes. Managing my gravel inventory is now more complex but also less frustrating since I can simply pulverize stone to recover from a shortage. Before 0.5, there was also a recipe to pulverize stone which also required dirt. This of course could be problematic if I ran out of dirt, but on the other hand it was also useful as a way to consume some excess dirt.

I'm finding myself now dealing with a huge excess of dirt, and it seems like the only thing I can do with it now is create Landfill or Incinerate it. I don't need Landfill at all, so I find myself with 3 unattractive options:

1) Destroy the dirt by shooting the storage chests
2) Destroy the dirt by incinerator, which produces pollution and consumes energy
3) Convert the dirt to landfill anyway, just in case I someday want it.

Do you have any future ideas for additional things that could use Dirt?

7 years ago

Hi kaldskryke,
Thanks for the post. Generally the idea behind the dirt is actually that you have to get rid of it somehow. So I didn't plan any major features which actually require it. I think you can choose one of your options to do it. ;)
One small addition: There's also the recipe to dry dirt and then craft it into landfill. So in case you want to incinerate it, it may be useful to first dry it in a big processing machine.

This thread has been locked.