Ghost helper

Keep track of ghosts, find required items in storage nearby and quickly craft required items

Utilities
a month ago
Manufacturing Storage

b [solved] remaining ghosts are not updating

2 months ago

The remaining number of ghosts doesn't seem to automatically update, and if you click to craft something that didn't update and the ghost isn't there anymore it causes a crash. I am playing a pretty heavily modded game so no idea if that is affecting it. I am also building as I go, IE not crafting the total of an item but rather the max I can given current resources. Love the mod so far though :)

2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

looks like its intermittent at the moment, so sometimes its updating and sometimes its not.

2 months ago

not sure if this error message will help at all, but tried to click the ghost location thing on one that didn't update:

The mod Ghost helper (1.1.0) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event ghost-helper::on_gui_click (ID 1)
LuaEntity API call when LuaEntity was invalid.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__ghost-helper
/scripts/ghost-gui.lua:336: in function 'ping'
ghost-helper/scripts/ghost-gui.lua:350: in function 'process_gui_action'
ghost-helper/scripts/ghost-gui.lua:395: in function 'on_click'
ghost-helper/control.lua:50: in function <ghost-helper/control.lua:40>

2 months ago

Hi! Thanks for your feedback. The intermittend update is most likely caused by limitations built in the mod. The number of different ghost types and the number of chests being searched is throttled, to prevent numerous search queries being executed each tick. The GUI only updates the ghost and storage counts after a full search cycle has been completed. You can change the number of searches per tick in the mod settings.

The error is probably caused by fringe to locate the ghost from memory after it has been built, let me implement a validity check on beforehand which should solve that issue.

Do you perhaps have a copy of the save file for me, so I can investigate?

2 months ago

I published a new version which should fix the crash.

Also in this version I added a command /gh_stats, which shows you how much ticks it takes in order to scan your world and how much ghosts/inventories are present on your world (thus how many ghosts * inventories search actions are required)

2 months ago

Another version has been released which should improve the UPS performance. I also added a progress bar which shows how far the update is in the calculation. The GUI should be updated with the latest status every time the bar is completely filled.

2 months ago

Version 1.4.0 was just uploaded, which greatly improved the performance of the mod. Feel free to try it and if you run into any issues please let me know!

This thread has been locked.