Overhaul
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Mod Compability

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Game version: 1.1.36
Mod versions are the latest!

So my problem is when I use this mod it forces some other mods to use FPPs own items, or you cant even research another modded item because it is researched thru FPP!

For ex: Darkstar some broken tiles, like the terra tech chemical plant, but, FPP changes it out for its on chem plant in the research tree, but it doesn't meet the performance of the Darkstar one even though the FPP one is more pain to craft!

I would be greatful if you could help me out and change some lua sctripts around so that those things don't conflict cos RN I can't progress with Darkstar, and if I remove FPP comletely it breaks even more things now!

Thank you in advance!

Update: so as it turns out both mods use the same name for the "advanced-chemical-plant" and the game decided to use the FPP one instead of the DS one, the solution was to change the advanced-chemical-plant to terra-chemical-plant, so now the game doesn't confuse them!

2 years ago

does this mean, you solved that problem?

since many other mods have upgraded entities like better chemical plants and so on (darkstar has better stuff than fpp, while fpp has just more) there may be conflicts. but do you need different types of better chemical plants? no. you might set the level of possible upgrades in the settings of fpp to zero.

fpp is not made for combine with other bigger content mods. bobs, angels, krastorio, industrial revolution, fpp, ... many of these do not fit together/to each other. to make them compatible, it is always a big work, for every version.

if you get any other problems, hit me up on discord. i wont do a general workout for compatibility, but maybe i can help with your specific problem.

2 years ago

Actually I did solve this particular problem. the other one is a bit more complex so I wont even go into it!

The compability issue came from having both items their name the same, so I had to change that in the mod files

I use fpp for many reasons, like faster trains, bigger warehouses... and so on, so its a nogo to have the level 0, I was thinking about it though.

An "easy" fix may be to have the option to disable entire modules, like disable advanced accumulators, or assemblers but leave trains, drones still ingame.

2 years ago

the mods "Robot battery research" and "Factorio Extended" are incompatible and the game won't load correct

New response